Britannia room service breakfast

crossingfan

Yes, there are hot choices (eggs, bacon, sausage) on the door hanger. Offhand I don't recall what's in the in-room menu.

You can also print additional requests on the door hanger. DW likes salmon, onions & capers with a toasted bagel. Only the bagel is pre-printed so we write in the rest. It's never been a problem.

Edited by Underwatr

That's a shame, did you order the same things on both occasions ?

We have had drinks & pastries as well as something more substantial on all 3 ships and it's been fine.

I usually write peppermint tea as that isn't on the menu.

We just had things like bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage etc. It was not very good.

Mind you, I think the breakfast is not very good on Britannia anyway, so I now always have either the bagel, cream cheese etc or an omelette.

Breakfast items - most particularly eggs - need to be served right off the stove. Fried and scrambled eggs lose something with each passing minute - never take them from the bin in the buffet, rather wait as cooked to,order. When room service delivers them they have probably been off the stove for an hour or more.

Breakfast room service is reliable and convenient, especially for those days when you have an early excursion. Also good for the days when you want to be lazy and not emerge until a good hour. But beware...the quality is sketchy, sort of like what one finds at Kings Chaos. If you want quality, IMHO, one needs to go to Britannia, but the hours are severely limited. We were actually quite pleased with simple lattes and pastries in Sir Samuel's.

The menu looks extensive. Did I miss the peanut butter. Sure it wasn't on there. I may have to cancel our cruise if peanut butter is missing [emoji15][emoji23]

Just to clarify, this is for Britannia guests on Cunard not P&O's Britannia - we've only been on one P&O cruise but there was no hot food on the room service breakfast.

(Noticed from your posting history that you are sailing P&O)

Here is a link to the Room Service breakfast menu kindly posted by one of our members.

Thank you for posting that link. It looks like a nice selection of breakfast items. I'm sure I'll never make it to the dining room.....for 8am....it's better if it comes to me...so I can gradually wake up and gently ease into the new day.

:D

PS take a jar of peanut butter with you.

That's a good idea! I wonder if the lack of peanut butter has anything to do with nut allergies all over the place? I see the small packets of peanut butter in restaurants, etc, in other places. I'll have to see if pb is available on the other cruise lines when I sail them!!

Another question...why do all the cruise lines that I've sailed on...and that's been nearly all the mainstream ones....only carry Coke products. Not one has Pepsi products. What happened to individuality, LOL ? My carry-on Pepsi has never been turned away and is alot cheaper than buying it on the ship, so that's a bonus in a way. :D

Cunard now stocks the in-room fridges with Pepsi.

Get out of town.....are you kidding me???!!!!! That is such good news! Can you tell that I've never sailed Cunard?? I'll be trying the QM2 in July to see how I manage that type of sailing. I'm so looking forward to looking inside the fridge, LOL :D:D