Sea days

Billym1507

Hi I am trying to talk my wife into doing a 20 day cruise on the QM2 starting from Southampton on the 23rd of June 2016. She is a bit worried doing 13 sea days as she thinks it may be too many as she will run out of things to do. I love the sea days so for me its no problem. Can anyone give me some tips of how I can win her round ? My friend said leave her at home but that never really helped lol. I think she will come round but if I could give her some information from other people who have done this it would be a great help. She is in her mid 50s and enjoys lots of different things.

Thanks for any help.

Billy.

I never have time to do all the things I want to do, because there is so much available.

Lectures, quizzes, movies, arts and craft classes, IT classes, knitting/ sewing bees, cookery demos, Spa talks, bridge, deck competitions, golf simulator, Spa treatments, the library, then there's the three meals a day - four if you take Afternoon Tea - gym, walking around de ck, swimming, some lying out on deck and hour after hour just watching the sea go by, hoping for a whale or dolphins.

She won't have time to be bored. I envy you the ability to be away so long, that we don't have just now, due to family illness.

Go and have a wonderful time.

I agree with cruiseluvva (an excellent list of ideas, thank you :) ) I find there are far too many things to do on board to get bored.

There are all the things that are organised, provided and scheduled on the ship to start with, the Daily Programme is packed with ideas (so much so that I take a highlighter pen with me to mark which events I mustn't miss).

Then there are all the things that you can do yourself, such as reading, watching the sea go by, strolling the decks, meeting friends for a chat over coffee/drink, researching the next port-of-call etc...

There simply aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done, to attend all I would like to see, hear or experience, I've found.

I'd have to work very hard at being bored...

A friend recently spent nearly four months on board, not once was he bored, or stumped for something to do, he tells me.

Hope this helps, have a great time :)

How many cruises have you done.

What is the most sea days she has had.

We love them.

A sleep in, a late breakfast, some trivia, some lunch, some lectures, some reading, a nanna nap, diner.

How many cruises have you done.

What is the most sea days she has had.

We love them.

A sleep in, a late breakfast, some trivia, some lunch, some lectures, some reading, a nanna nap, diner.

We have done about 30 cruises with different lines. some have had lots of sea days but staggered. This cruise is a 7 and 6 day straight with 5 days at port. I have had really nice answers so I am sure she will come round.

I never have time to do all the things I want to do, because there is so much available.

Lectures, quizzes, movies, arts and craft classes, IT classes, knitting/ sewing bees, cookery demos, Spa talks, bridge, deck competitions, golf simulator, Spa treatments, the library, then there's the three meals a day - four if you take Afternoon Tea - gym, walking around de ck, swimming, some lying out on deck and hour after hour just watching the sea go by, hoping for a whale or dolphins.

She won't have time to be bored. I envy you the ability to be away so long, that we don't have just now, due to family illness.

Go and have a wonderful time.

Thank you

We have done about 30 cruises with different lines. some have had lots of sea days but staggered. This cruise is a 7 and 6 day straight with 5 days at port. I have had really nice answers so I am sure she will come round.

What is the most you have had in a row, we haven't had 5 4 has been our max, but sounds like she has plenty of ideas about what to expect and what will be on offer.

I agree with cruiseluvva (an excellent list of ideas, thank you :) ) I find there are far too many things to do on board to get bored.

There are all the things that are organised, provided and scheduled on the ship to start with, the Daily Programme is packed with ideas (so much so that I take a highlighter pen with me to mark which events I mustn't miss).

Then there are all the things that you can do yourself, such as reading, watching the sea go by, strolling the decks, meeting friends for a chat over coffee/drink, researching the next port-of-call etc...

There simply aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done, to attend all I would like to see, hear or experience, I've found.

I'd have to work very hard at being bored...

A friend recently spent nearly four months on board, not once was he bored, or stumped for something to do, he tells me.

Hope this helps, have a great time :)

Thank you

The morning watercolor classes on a transatlantic are great fun! I arrived about 10 minutes before the start time on the first day they were offered and got the last slot so make sure she knows to get there early if those sound good to her.

There is more to do on a QM2 cruise while at sea than anyone has time for - and, as a matter of fact, more to do than OP's wife is likely to have access to while at home or at work.

Aside from driving a car, cooking, washing dishes, cleaning and dusting, ironing (you know, the kind of activities which make life at home so thrilling), it is hard to come up with an activity the normal person does at home that is not available shipboard.

Movies, lectures, organized games, lessons in painting, crafts, card games, bingo, spa services, workout facilities, shopping opportunities. --- what isn't there to do?

Hi,

Sea days on Cunard are wonderful! I have recently taken two transatlantic crossings with Cunard (a seven-day crossing on the QM2 in November 2014 and an eight-day crossing on the Queen Victoria in April 2015). There are many things to do (lectures, trivia, afternoon tea, movies, etc.) I think Cunard has the very best activities on sea days of any line.

Chuck

Due to the unique transatlantic service Cunard excels in daytime sea day activities. I can personally confirm what the other posters have said - there will be so many activities that she will have to work on being bored.

I must agree with all of the previous posters on this subject, in fact my wife would quite happy on a cruise which only had sea days. I have a pretty low boredom threshold but have to say that boredom never comes into my sea days, in fact I have to view the following days activities the night before in order to fit in as much as I want to and in some cases can't manage it all.

Try and fit in as much as you can and enjoy..........

Due to the unique transatlantic service Cunard excels in daytime sea day activities. I can personally confirm what the other posters have said - there will be so many activities that she will have to work on being bored.

Ditto, have never had too many sea days yet.:D

We're doing TA on 4/8 and it would be good to see examples of a day's programme of activities. I know there's lectures and dnce lessons and water colour lessons and quizzes but what else is there. Be interested to see what there is for teenagers as well - the 7 days without wifi will do them good!

We're doing TA on 4/8 and it would be good to see examples of a day's programme of activities. I know there's lectures and dnce lessons and water colour lessons and quizzes but what else is there. Be interested to see what there is for teenagers as well - the 7 days without wifi will do them good!

Usually lots of sport/leisure activities on board as well.:D