Celebrity Tote Bags

Newbury newbie

If you look on the website under "staterooms", in the description for IN, OV, and Veranda it shows "complimentary tote bag" (grocery variety, in my experience).

Under Concierge Class - under additional - it shows "Celebrity tote bag" - dark blue w/either web or faux leather handles - and the pouch (from my experience). Nothing is listed for Aqua or Suites, but since they get everything CC gets, plus much more, it shouldn't matter, and they should most certainly get them.

So, having said this, you should receive one of the dark blue bags w/pouch. But then again, who knows? Sometimes they don't appear until the second or third day, but normally they should be in the room when you arrive. Just ask your room steward/stewardess if it isn't there. The card holders seem to have disappeared as well. As usual, total inconsistency.

Good luck! :)

"you should receive one of the dark blue bags" - I guess the key word here is "should". I reply, "Your mileage may vary." We did not receive one, but hopefully your experience will be better. I didn't see anyone else on board walking around with the nicer bags so not sure what happened. Did they run out? Something to do with us sailing from Europe?

We did, however get a nice leather (or pleather) card holder. :)

Sue

Edited by SandG

Last month on the Equinox, sailed concierge and received the "grocery bag" styled one. I think they are getting cheaper as well. The handles of mine came off the first day, so I tied them on. Then by half-way through the cruise, the fabric by the grommets started to rip - they couldn't take much weight at all, could not put more than 1 bottle of water in the bag.....

You got grommets? My "grocery store" style ones have always been grommet-less. Straps just sewn on.

So funny the way these totes are all over the map. They are handy, though. Holland America used to give sturdy blue and white cotton canvas totes (seems like they now use the el cheapo grocery sack variety)... you would see people on board who had made articles of clothing out of them. I don't foresee that happening with the grommet bags.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

You got grommets? My "grocery store" style ones have always been grommet-less. Straps just sewn on.

So funny the way these totes are all over the map. They are handy, though. Holland America used to give sturdy blue and white cotton canvas totes (seems like they now use the el cheapo grocery sack variety)... you would see people on board who had made articles of clothing out of them. I don't foresee that happening with the grommet bags.

Ha ha - no way you'd want to use the new bags for clothing - paper thin, it wasn't canvas, I don't know what it was, it looks like some sort of recycled material. Whatever it was, it ripped very easily. I got away with carrying one bottle of water in it, but it ripped when I put in two. But yes, it had grommets. :D

Sue

How things have changed! A few years ago, each of us got those deluxe genuine "leather" bags on a cruise. Last time, I brought one of those with us but had to ask for one of those shopping bags for beach items. I was probably the only one with a stylish bag and there was no problem getting it mixed up when on a snorkeling excursion.

If you look on the website under "staterooms", in the description for IN, OV, and Veranda it shows "complimentary tote bag" (grocery variety, in my experience).

Under Concierge Class - under additional - it shows "Celebrity tote bag" - dark blue w/either web or faux leather handles - and the pouch (from my experience). Nothing is listed for Aqua or Suites, but since they get everything CC gets, plus much more, it shouldn't matter, and they should most certainly get them.

So, having said this, you should receive one of the dark blue bags w/pouch. But then again, who knows? Sometimes they don't appear until the second or third day, but normally they should be in the room when you arrive. Just ask your room steward/stewardess if it isn't there. The card holders seem to have disappeared as well. As usual, total inconsistency.

Good luck! :)

Thankyou - I will print that out and take it. For August 1 - officially next month now! :D

How has my original post on tote bags managed to attract 54 posts!! The saying "gotta get more" comes to mind!!

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji162][emoji162][emoji162][emoji162][emoji162][emoji162][emoji162][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji6]

I am glad you raised it. I was disappointed last year - just a balcony - to not see any of these totes. I think it was that sailing - or maybe Equinox in the Med - but I had nothing in writing.

And yes, Aqua receives CC benefits as well.

The original tote bag for CC & higher:

IMG_20150628_153641_zps9gco0znn.jpg

The next tote bag for CC & higher:

IMG_20150628_151519_zps06deazyf.jpg

The latest tote bag for CC & higher:

IMG_20150628_152101_zpszqtvdtdm.jpg

The "grocery style" bag available in all cabins:

IMG_20150628_151636_zpszgtocjou.jpg

Hi Beth, thanks for sharing the pics. The first and second bag looks nice. it would be great if i would get that bag. I will be on Celebrity Solstice on 17 july to alaska, probably you know which bag will i get? My room will be the balcony (standard) i guess.

many thanks for your info,

Felicia

Hi Beth, thanks for sharing the pics. The first and second bag looks nice. it would be great if i would get that bag. I will be on Celebrity Solstice on 17 july to alaska, probably you know which bag will i get? My room will be the balcony (standard) i guess.

many thanks for your info,

Felicia

You will/should get what we have come to call the "grocery variety" bag (4th photo). It is fine for taking things on shore. But I doubt you will be taking a beach towel with you when you get off the ship, so you probably won't even need it. :) You'll usually find one in the closet (upper shelf), or above the drawers next to the closet.

Believe it or not, when I was in Alaska last month on the Infinity, a beach towel appeared in the cabin the night before our first port stop! I laughed.

There will be wool blankets by the pool. You may want to grab a few for sitting out on your balcony at night if it is cool. Have a great cruise!

Edited by gimletgal

:eek:

You will/should get what we have come to call the "grocery variety" bag (4th photo). It is fine for taking things on shore. But I doubt you will be taking a beach towel with you when you get off the ship, so you probably won't even need it. :) You'll usually find one in the closet (upper shelf), or above the drawers next to the closet.

Believe it or not, when I was in Alaska last month on the Infinity, a beach towel appeared in the cabin the night before our first port stop! I laughed.

There will be wool blankets by the pool. You may want to grab a few for sitting out on your balcony at night if it is cool. Have a great cruise!

I'm sure i won't be taking it on excursions but i could use it for my used clothes so my other clothes won't be smelly hahaha.

Why would they give you a beach towel on Alaska? If i do get one, i will use it as exercise mat inside my cabin :D

Yes it will be nice to have afternoon tea sitting on balcony.Do you know how will the weather be like? I live in asia and there's only summer or rain season here so i bring long sleeves clothes, sweater, both thin and thick coat/ jacket with me for layering and also because after the cruise i will tour the canadian rockies (vancouver,vernon,banff,revelstoke). You know i can't imagine how will i react if i bring all those clothes and it turns out the weather will be sunny and hot :eek: Embarrass is one that i sure will feel.

:eek:

I'm sure i won't be taking it on excursions but i could use it for my used clothes so my other clothes won't be smelly hahaha.

Why would they give you a beach towel on Alaska? If i do get one, i will use it as exercise mat inside my cabin :D

Yes it will be nice to have afternoon tea sitting on balcony.Do you know how will the weather be like? I live in asia and there's only summer or rain season here so i bring long sleeves clothes, sweater, both thin and thick coat/ jacket with me for layering and also because after the cruise i will tour the canadian rockies (vancouver,vernon,banff,revelstoke). You know i can't imagine how will i react if i bring all those clothes and it turns out the weather will be sunny and hot :eek: Embarrass is one that i sure will feel.

Depending on when you are there, it can get quite cold in July and can also be still warm in September but is most likely to be the other way around. Wear layers.:D

Depending on when you are there, it can get quite cold in July and can also be still warm in September but is most likely to be the other way around. Wear layers.:D

Thanks for the info. At least bringing several jacket/coats, i can have change every few days for photo purposes. :)

My favorite is my Seabourn bag. It has long handles so it stays on your shoulder. I also like the fact that the zippered section goes just about to the bottom. It keeps whatever is in the zippered section from pulling the top of the bag over. The size is perfect for carrying my computer, camera and reading materials. Ashore I keep the pocket against me with my CC, ID etc. Nice and secure.

I am a complete sucker for any kind of swag, and am distressed to learn of an item I should have received but did not;)

But I don't recall seeing any of the nicer bags being carried by passengers on our recent Summit cruise. So maybe they didn't have them?

We did, however, get leatherette card holders, one per stateroom, and only in the staterooms where the passengers were Captain's Club members. (Our third stateroom was first-time Celebrity cruisers.)

I am a complete sucker for any kind of swag, and am distressed to learn of an item I should have received but did not;)

But I don't recall seeing any of the nicer bags being carried by passengers on our recent Summit cruise. So maybe they didn't have them?

We did, however, get leatherette card holders, one per stateroom, and only in the staterooms where the passengers were Captain's Club members. (Our third stateroom was first-time Celebrity cruisers.)

Hi -- I think you were on my r/c (Summit 5/24)?:)

We found the flimsy "grocery bag" in our suite on day one, along with the pleather card-holder. By the time we arrived in Bermuda, we had still not received our "good" Celebrity zippered bags. When we asked our butler, he said that they "no longer had those". Since I had heard nothing on CruiseCritic about the zippered bags being discontinued, I figured that they just ran out of the bags on Summit. :rolleyes:

And, the good beach bags were not the only thing they ran out of. Instead of the large, plush cream-colored beach towels with the Celebrity Logo on them, we got two grey, ratty pool towels in our suite. Fortunately (or unfortunately) for us, the wind howled for the whole three days we were in Bermuda -- so, any discussion of beach bags or beach towels quickly became moot. :(

Bags are an interesting subject for many.:D

It's so refreshing to have a non-contentious, light hearted and pleasant thread topic. :)

I really liked the beige bags that suites used to get. Wish they would bring those back.

Edited by C-Dragons

Yeah, The OP is surprised it attracted so much interest but then it is a nice thread without any of the dress rules/tipping issues to bug it.:D

Well, yes -- until you get to the burning question of: Can I wear the dress that I made out of Celebrity tote bags to dinner, on formal night? :p;)

Well, yes -- until you get to the burning question of: Can I wear the dress that I made out of Celebrity tote bags to dinner, on formal night? :p;)

Only on celebrity, not any other line.:D:D:p;)