New to Celebrity

petey632

You are allowed to bring two 750ml bottles of wine (per cabin) on board when you embark...no other alcoholic drinks allowed. If you drink those two bottles in your room, there is no corkage charge. If you bring the bottle to the dining room, they will charge you a $25 corkage fee.

Q: Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

Hi We are going on our first Celebrity cruise in June 2016.Could anybody tell me if you are allowed to take alcohol onboard.If not what is the best beverage package to take.Thanks:)

Hi, we love cruising Celebrity! You are allowed to bring two standard bottles of wine on board. They have a wide variety of drinks packages available, look on the website. It depends how faddy you are re if the classic will meet your needs or the premium. Some package or other probably is worthwhile as not only is alcohol quite expensive water, juices, sodas and coffee can mount up too.

Have a great cruise, enjoy your planning.

We love the beverage packages, it's great to not worry about the bill at the end of the cruise or waiting for slips to sign. Plus, it gives us a chance to try things we might skip if we are paying by the drink --- different kinds of wine with dinner, fancy cocktails, that sort of thing. Prices may look high at first, but not when you figure in all they cover: alcohol, beer and wine, soda by the can, premium coffees and teas, fresh squeezed juices, smoothies, bottled water. The classic package covers a range of good alcohol brands (like Dewars Scotch) and higher end beers and wine . The premium package covers better brands as well as fancy cocktails like martinis, plus you only pay the difference if you order something over the package limit (for the classic, you pay the full price if you are over.) So, it really depends how fancy you like your drinks. You could always start with the classic and then upgrade on board if you decide to, you pay then for just the days left in the cruise although there is a limit on how many days you have to upgrade -- I'm sure someone will have that specific info.

One of the big differences between the classic package and the premium package is that if you have the classic and want a drink not included in your package you pay the whole amount, not the difference. With the premium you only pay the difference. For example, if you have the classic and order a $20 glass of wine, you will be charged $20 (+18%grat). If you have the premium and order a $20 glass of wine you will be charged $7 (+18% grat). I found the sommeliers to be great help here. I could tell them what varietal I wanted and what package I had, and they'd give me something that fit within my package.

We're just off our first Celebrity cruise after floating around for a few years, dipping our toes into a few different waters. I think we've found our cruising home.

And the wine bottles may be brought on board only at embarkation. If you buy any in ports they will be held until the end of the cruise.

I would also be proactive and look for specials where the beverage package is included.

Edited by dkjretired

The Premium Beverage package is the best way to go. There is no question by any of the staff on any Celebrity ship when the coffee, tea, juice, water, beer, or mixed drink $14 or less is ordered. 8, 10, 12, or 20 variations or more per day are covered. Anything ordered over that cost, you only pay the difference. What a way to enjoy a vacation.

And the wine bottles may be brought on board only at embarkation. If you buy any in ports they will be held until the end of the cruise.

I would also be proactive and look for specials where the beverage package is included.

MAY be held til the end of the cruise. As usual, Celebrity is inconsistent on this. But we have brought back wines, prosecco, etc from various ports with no trouble.

We don't drink hard liquor much, My DH does like his beer and I enjoy my wine and good water (Pellegrino). (Think that is how it is spelled) Before the Suite perks came into play we always purchased or if a special on Classic Pkg.) we would upgrade to Premium. All wines I drink are covered with the premium and all the beers DH drink are part of the premium pkg. IMHO why have to sit and worry about pennies. You can find what is covered at

http://www.celebritycruises.com/drinkpackages/ and make the decision yourself. :D

MAY be held til the end of the cruise. As usual, Celebrity is inconsistent on this. But we have brought back wines, prosecco, etc from various ports with no trouble.

I was going to make that point as well. I just got off the Silhouette's British Isles cruise. I was fully expecting them to take my whiskey away, had it in a separate bag so I could hand it over, and they were letting everybody just walk on with it. Same with calvados in Le Havre. I was able to walk on with it with not even a second glance.

I'd say, don't count on being able to bring on your own alcohol, but don't be terribly surprised if you're able to. I bought the premium drinks package simply so that I didn't have to worry about what I could and could not order.

We also did this. I think 3/4 times we bought a bottle of prosecco in port and brought in onboard.

We would sit and drink it on our balcony during the sail away. :D