Captain Leo....great job at sail away

midwestchick

Captain Leo did the sail away a bit differently last week. When the Summit left the berth he took us past the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline. Since we have never been to NYC, it was truly one of the highlights of our trip. Hats off to the Captain. :) :D Here are a few pictures. Ignore the time on the photos....forgot to change the time on the camera.

073.jpg

054_1.jpg

038.jpg

Friends of ours are on this week's cruise and the same thing happened. We were on the ship on the 5/31 and we just headed straight south. So, we're really, really jealous.

How great for you!!!

I hope the weather cleared up for their sail away. It was a miserable morning...just like last week but it did clear up nicely, as you can see.

Wow! We sailed the week of June 7th and didn't get this treat! I loved seeing the statue from quite a ways away....how exciting it must have been to sail close to her!! Lucky you!!!

It was very exciting. The best thing that happened was DH totally changed his attitude about visiting NYC prior to our NE/ Canada cruise in October. :o

He's finally pumped up. :D

Ignore the time on the photos....forgot to change the time on the camera.

Off topic tip regarding the "burn in of date and time in digital pictures": every picture has this informations auto-saved within the file itself including some information on the camera, aperture, ISO - this informations are called EXIF.

E.g. I can see that you took this picture of Lady Liberty with a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS, aperture f/5.6, ISO 160, flash off :)

No need to deface your beautiful pictures with that anymore since we moved from analog to digital.

If you want to timestamp them later, there are tools that can add this (with customizable color, size, font etc.).

Edited by UniPac

Off topic tip regarding the "burn in of date and time in digital pictures": every picture has this informations auto-saved within the file itself including some information on the camera, aperture, ISO - this informations are called EXIF.

E.g. I can see that you took this picture of Lady Liberty with a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS, aperture f/5.6, ISO 160, flash off :)

No need to deface your beautiful pictures with that anymore since we moved from analog to digital.

If you want to timestamp them later, there are tools that can add this (with customizable color, size, font etc.).

Is there a way to remove it now?

Is there a way to remove it now?

No sorry, Photoshop might help but thats gonna be lot of work on each picture - might be worth though on a special one. That's why this option should be banned from all cameras.

If you have a certain picture you want it removed, the easy way would be to cut the lower side if it won't change the image and nothing will be "lost". If that is not possible, "photoshopping" it would be the only way.

If you have a certain picture you want it removed, let me know I will do (try - depens on the image) it for you :)

No sorry, Photoshop might help but thats gonna be lot of work on each picture - might be worth though on a special one. That's why this option should be banned from all cameras.

If you have a certain picture you want it removed, the easy way would be to cut the lower side if it won't change the image and nothing will be "lost". If that is not possible, "photoshopping" it would be the only way.

If you have a certain picture you want it removed, let me know I will do (try - depens on the image) it for you :)

I always thought it was a good idea to have the dates on the pictures, but I don't think it is now. I'm going to shut that function off on the camera.

I was coming on to post exactly the same thing -- no need to put all this stuff on a photo (and images look so much better without them).

OP: glad you got to have that special sailaway. :)

Question: I know I can see the EXIF data on my own images when I right click on them and select properties, but how do you get to the EXIF data on an image posted (from Photobucket as these were) in a CC thread? Right clicking doesn't bring them up.

Thanks!

Edited to add: I just found this handy tool, but is there a more direct way?

http://www.findexif.com/

Edited by Turtles06

Question: I know I can see the EXIF data on my own images when I right click on them and select properties, but how do you get to the EXIF data on an image posted (from Photobucket as these were) in a CC thread? Right clicking doesn't bring them up.

Thanks!

Thanks. I'll play with that later but my date stamp is now turned off. :D

I always thought it was a good idea to have the dates on the pictures, but I don't think it is now. I'm going to shut that function off on the camera.

Good choice!

Thanks!

There are several Firefox Plugins available that do the "right click" magic!

The one I have installed is called "Exif Viewer".

Edited by UniPac

Rather than mess with all the helpful suggestions, I went to photobucket and edited the pictures. Here you go. :D:D The Canada/NE pics will be much better. ;)

Never mind....the edit didn't work...darn. Date still shows up after cropping and replacing. :confused:

Edited by midwestchick

Rather than mess with all the helpful suggestions, I went to photobucket and edited the pictures. Here you go. :D:D The Canada/NE pics will be much better. ;)

Never mind....the edit didn't work...darn. Date still shows up after cropping and replacing. :confused:

The cropped photos (no dates) are showing up for me. :)

The cropped photos (no dates) are showing up for me. :)

Strange. When I posted the cropped pics, the dates still showed but when I look at the originals I see the dates are gone. :confused: Not sure what happened and I still see the date on Queen Mary. But, they do look much better without the date stamp.