Reflection - is there a disco or other late night dancing?

mochacat

Hi all -

My husband and I have booked a cruise on the Reflection in November. We are taking our 2 adult children (in their mid/late 20's) along with their significant others. We have never sailed on Celebrity before but I heard there is no late night dancing! No disco? No rock n roll or current music to dance to? I hope this isn't the case - I assumed there would be a disco or fun/lively lounge. Any information would be appreciated. :confused:

We did the Reflection this June and the Martini Bar on the 4th is the place to be...barely a dance floor so you tend to head down the stairs to the mini one on third. The dj couple on the 4th were terrific with house music or a disco night and added some of their own singing. Lots of fun. There are themed nights with dancers down those stairs to the 3rd and balloons bopped around added to the festivities.

We did the Equinox in December in the Caribbean with the same layout. The Martini Bar was the place to be but not as much dancing adjacent though the dancefloor below got lots of action. Whereas the SkyLounge was underused on the Reflection, it was hopping as a dance area in the Caribbean but the room was still the original size and not reduced as on the REflection. Also, might add that one of the best dance nights in the Caribbean was by the pool where they had mermaids in the pool... good time!

Hi all -

My husband and I have booked a cruise on the Reflection in November. We are taking our 2 adult children (in their mid/late 20's) along with their significant others. We have never sailed on Celebrity before but I heard there is no late night dancing! No disco? No rock n roll or current music to dance to? I hope this isn't the case - I assumed there would be a disco or fun/lively lounge. Any information would be appreciated. :confused:

I agree the Martini Bar is always hopping. There are sometimes special late night events with the DJ and after 11ish, I went to the Sky Observation Lounge which always had late night dancing with a different theme. I was surprised at just how packed it was even after midnight. I think they'll enjoy it! No worries. I'm sure if you look up the Sky Lounge, you'll find info on how it turns into a "disco" nightly.

Edited by purpletequila

REFLECTION does not have a "Dedicated Disco". Check your daily to see

what is being offered up in the Sky Observation Lounge in the evenings.

They have a stage in there where a band plays. You will have to see

what/if any events are happening up there. The lounge is all the way

forward......all the way up top.

Someone mentioned Equinox....all the other S class ships have a disco

called QUASAR. When Reflection was built they put conference rooms

in that location.

And yes, The Martini Bar is always busy but since you asked about a

disco.....it is not a disco....but it is fun:)

I hate the fact they replaced the disco on previous S-class ships with a Conference Room on Reflection. While on certain nights the disco can be dead, it is also a place that can be some fun and gives people another option other than the atrium and Martini Bar (which on recent cruises has been spoiled by the constant LOUD drums)

If I read the literature from Celebrity correctly, they are trying to get what's left of the Sky Observation Lounge to be a late night spot on board. At least 1/3 of that large lounge which streached from port to starboard side was taken to make the Reflection Suite. It's a huge space for huge dollars.

I will not find out until next January 2016 to know how it worked.

I hate the fact they replaced the disco on previous S-class ships with a Conference Room on Reflection. While on certain nights the disco can be dead, it is also a place that can be some fun and gives people another option other than the atrium and Martini Bar (which on recent cruises has been spoiled by the constant LOUD drums)

I thought I read on recent reviews that Cellar Masters was being used as a "dance club".

Did I imagine reading that?:confused:

On one night of the cruise, they use Cellar Masters, Solarium and the Pool area as the location of themed dance events. They are calling the events SocietyX.

Edited by keesar

There was also dancing in the atrium near the Passport Bar most evenings on Reflection in February. Music provided by either the house band or the DJ Duo. We had a lot of fun dancing there on several evenings.

Hi all -

You are on the wrong cruise line if you want disco and dancing. Celebrity is boring.

You are on the wrong cruise line if you want disco and dancing. Celebrity is boring.

Bored? I could never be bored on a beautiful ship where you have some amazing scenery, good food and they take you to different locations. Depends on what you are looking for, but I don't depend on someone else to constantly entertain me in order to have a good, relaxing vacation. While I enjoyed the disco at times on other S-class ships, it is not a factor when determining which ship to book. Sounds like X may not be for you which is fine...different strokes.

I have been bored for 12 years now...NOT:D

Your post might have been prefaced by "in my opinion"....

Hi all -

I was on the Reflection in April. They were trying a sort of new concept of a rotating late night dance club. I think it was on 4 of the 7 nights, and always in a different spot (I know it was in the Martini Bar one night and out by the pool one night). It started around 11pm - no idea how long it went! It was free, but of course, they were selling "VIP passes", which got some special privileges.

It appeared to be very popular - packed every time I walked by - so I wouldn't be surprised if they kept that kind of thing up.

And yes, they did have dancing to the house band in the Passport Bar area earlier in the evening every night.

Currently on Reflection - last night was the first formal night and they had music and dancing in the atrium on 3 and martini bar on 4. The dance floor was packed with all ages dancing. They were announcing more dancing in the sky lounge after the DJ shut down. Cellar Masters was a bit dead before dinner and haven't seen much activity in there the 2 days we've been on board.

Currently on Reflection - last night was the first formal night and they had music and dancing in the atrium on 3 and martini bar on 4. The dance floor was packed with all ages dancing. They were announcing more dancing in the sky lounge after the DJ shut down. Cellar Masters was a bit dead before dinner and haven't seen much activity in there the 2 days we've been on board.

As the capacity of the dance floor in the Atrium is 24, it is always packed!

I'm 22 and have just come off Reflection. I wasn't bored once!

Not sure if Hi-5 will still be on board but she was amazing and everyone was up dancing.

The DJ in the martini bar was great, and as another poster said, they move the 'club' around on occasions. I really enjoyed the pool party and Cellar Masters (? Hope I have remembered the name correctly!)

Hope they enjoy it as much as I did! :D