Anytime dining waitlist?

Velvetwater

Hi

We have a cruise booked for exactly a months time on the Equinox around the Med.

Went to check on the website today as I was going to ring up and change our dining to anytime/flexi dining as today is pay day and I could pay the gratuities before we cruised to get it.Unfortunately saw that only early time dining is available now (6.15pm) so pretty upset about it. With vets bills and other house stuff I couldn't quite pay the £217 til today.

Could I ring up and ask really nicely to get it (I am sure I checked only a few days ago and it was still available) or do people often get it changed on the ship even when it is full?

Is there any way it might become available again with the cruise so close by?

Thanks for any input...I am little upset by it and never realised our cruise was selling so fast. :(

Edited by Velvetwater

Hi

We have a cruise booked for exactly a months time on the Equinox around the Med.

Went to check on the website today as I was going to ring up and change our dining to anytime/flexi dining as today is pay day and I could pay the gratuities before we cruised to get it.Unfortunately saw that only early time dining is available now (6.15pm) so pretty upset about it. With vets bills and other house stuff I couldn't quite pay the £217 til today.

Could I ring up and ask really nicely to get it (I am sure I checked only a few days ago and it was still available) or do people often get it changed on the ship even when it is full?

Thanks for any input...I am little upset by it and never realised our cruise was selling so fast. :(

Hi Velvetwater,

I'd absolutely recommend calling Celebrity and seeing if the can assist. Explain to them it was available a few days ago. Perhaps they will have some flexibility in accommodating your request.

If they say no, I'd recommend visiting the MDR as early as possible on the first day of your cruise. Coordinators will be available to handle any requests. Hopefully, it will all work out fine.

Please let us know the outcome, and good luck. Have a wonderful cruise !

Could I ring up and ask really nicely to get it (I am sure I checked only a few days ago and it was still available) or do people often get it changed on the ship even when it is full? Is there any way it might become available again with the cruise so close by?

Definitely call and ask. I had to do that to get into traditional dining on my last cruise. I called the personal vacation planner that was in one of the emails I got, and he was able to take care of it.

Hopefully it will all work out for you! Enjoy your cruise.

We were initially 6.15pm dining and went to change it once on board Reflection. They had no problem at all with this and gave us the option of second seating at 8.45pm or select/anytime dining. Lots of people were changing bookings so do it as soon as you're on board and you shouldn't have a problem at all. Enjoy!

Hope you get it sorted!

Hi

Try calling again. If that doesn't work see the Maitre D as soon as you get aboard.

Got home today and Celebrity phones were closed...our cruise now sold out so feeling less hopeful.

I will try and ring in my lunch break tomorrow (Being a teacher I rarely get a lunch break but I will try).

scotlandcruisegirl...was this when the anytime was fully booked? Good news if so. :)

Managed to leave work in time to ring Celebrity today and got a friendly chap who explained that yes it was waitlisted as it was full but he said 90% of the time requests for anytime/select dining are given regardless. I said the cruise has sold out and he still assured me it would likely be a yes.

He said he would send a request as urgent to the dining department and let me know within 24-48 hours and it would show up on my online account as select dining....which currently says waitlisted as I paid up.

Hopefully he was not telling me porkies and I will be happy by Friday. :)

Edited by Velvetwater