Table Size on Summit

slanik

We've booked a cruise for next February on the Summit. We have 6 in our party so far and some more friends may be joining. What is the largest group that a dining table can accomodated in the main dining room? I don't want to have the group sit at different tables.

Will you choose Select Dining or conventional (early or late) fixed seating?

Tables of eight are common on the lower MDR floor (fixed seating) and a table of 10-12 can probably be arranged if you let them know in advance by joining your bookings.

It might be more difficult if you want Select Dining since large tables are less common on the top floor.

Edited by vivi9909

We've booked a cruise for next February on the Summit. We have 6 in our party so far and some more friends may be joining. What is the largest group that a dining table can accomodated in the main dining room? I don't want to have the group sit at different tables.

I've seen some that could accommodate 10-12, but for me that is way too many people. Have you thought of linking all your bookings and requesting two tables for 6 next to each other?

My family of 11 are cruising on Summit in a month. I have been told by Celebrity that ten is the max. We linked all the reservations and I guess my grandson will sit on my lap. There is a reason it's called a "family" cruise. Note...same owning company, I and my DW, were on a repositioning cruise in November, on Royal Caribbean, asked for a table for two and were seated at a table for twelve. I wonder why Celebrity can't accommodate?

I've seen some that could accommodate 10-12, but for me that is way too many people. Have you thought of linking all your bookings and requesting two tables for 6 next to each other?

I agree w you re a table for 12. The people at one end can't talk to the people at the other end so you might as well be comfortable w 2 tables for 6. You can switch from one table to another over the course of the week.

DON

My family of 11 are cruising on Summit in a month. I have been told by Celebrity that ten is the max. We linked all the reservations and I guess my grandson will sit on my lap. There is a reason it's called a "family" cruise. Note...same owning company, I and my DW, were on a repositioning cruise in November, on Royal Caribbean, asked for a table for two and were seated at a table for twelve. I wonder why Celebrity can't accommodate?

We took our whole family 11 on the Summit in 2008 & they did accommodate us with a table that we could all sit at. It was great so keep trying & check with the Maitre D when you board the ship. There is no reason your grandson should sit in your lap.

First...why would 2 tables not be a "family cruise"...in my opinion, 2 tables would be easier for everyone. When you are with 10 or more, there is

no way everyone can chat with each other.....get 2 6 tops next to one another.....one table will have a bit of extra room and you can swap

around over the week too. And your grandson will then have his own chair.

And as for your question about Celebrity not accomodating you? Call back and see if you get a different reply (happens alot) or call

Capt's Club and see if they can assist you.

Edited by Lois R

First...why would 2 tables not be a "family cruise"...in my opinion, 2 tables would be easier for everyone. When you are with 10 or more, there is

no way everyone can chat with each other......

Lois is correct.

If you get 2 tables for 6, then everyone is included in the conversation at each table and it makes for a much more pleasant dining experience.

At a large table, you miss out on most of the conversations taking place and the vibe changes completely.

Instead of a congenial group of family and friends chatting together, the result is that multiple separate private conversations occur around the table at the same time, creating additional background noise.

The people at your table who are not seated close to you may as well be on another ship because you can't hear what they are saying anyway, unless they shout.

Sitting at a large table in the main dining room of a cruise ship is much like sitting at one of those large tables in a banquet hall at a convention or charity event.

Edited by varoo