Concierge question

ChelleBee

We sail on the Summit Oct 24 from San Juan. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity. We have a C2 stateroom. I know there are perks like priority boarding, canapés in the evening, a tote bag....but...

Has anyone actually had to use the Concierge for this class of staterooms? What would you use them for? On land we've used them to get theater tickets or dinner reservations...is it the same on the ship?

Thanks in advance

Chelle

We sail on the Summit Oct 24 from San Juan. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity. We have a C2 stateroom. I know there are perks like priority boarding, canapés in the evening, a tote bag....but...

Has anyone actually had to use the Concierge for this class of staterooms? What would you use them for? On land we've used them to get theater tickets or dinner reservations...is it the same on the ship?

Thanks in advance

Chelle

There is no concierge assigned exclusively to those in concierge class staterooms. There IS a concierge on the ship, but his/her services are available to all. An example of what you would use that concierge for: a family member dies while you're on the ship and you need to leave and get home. The concierge will help you with plane reservations, etc.

You do not need theater tickets on Celebrity ships and it's very easy to make your own dinner reservations.

I have gotten really good maps of port towns, how to find the local bus stops, the price, ideas of good local cafes. They were a wealth of knowledge for the Greek island ports on a previous cruise.

They will also let you use a phone to call home in an emergency if you happen to be away and your house is in the direct path of a hurricane and you need to make quick contact with some people who are staying there about the generator and making preparations.

Thanks for the information everyone. I think I will take the concierge class stateroom title with a drink from my classic beverage package and just go with the flow of the ship.

Chelle

Thanks for the information everyone. I think I will take the concierge class stateroom title with a drink from my classic beverage package and just go with the flow of the ship.

Chelle

Check prices for Aqua Class, that's a real upgrade.