"Next Cruise I Will..."

boltnut55

Something I read here on CC, but haven't actually done yet. At dinner in MDR, don't actually order anything. Just tell the waiter to bring whatever they want, appetizer, soup, salad, entree, dessert, whatever.....let the waiter pick the meal!

That sounds like fun but I am way to picky of an eater.

Not the very next time, but soon, very soon, I will be able to check out the Diamond lounge on Royal Caribbean (just need 8 more nights at sea, with a 7 night cruise in Sept.). And before too long I want to give Celebrity a try.

Our next cruise will be on September 12th on the Carnival Inspiration, where I'll be traveling w/my husband and college-aged daughter to celebrate my 50th birthday. During my last cruise on Celebrity, I went to the adult pool (water is warm/hot) on the last sea day and spent a lot of time thinking, "Wow, I should have remembered to do this on my FIRST day!" The last time we were on Celebrity had been about 10+ years ago.

When I go on my next cruise, I'll check out the Serenity retreat earlier, but I was wondering what's on your list of "on my next cruise, I'm going to..." that represents something new/fairly new. Like what else could I be missing out on? :) Thanks.

Be eagerly looking FORWARD too our NEXT cruise !!:hearteyes: But, aren't ALL of us?!? Personally, I hope I NEVER become soooo jaded and bored with it that when I take it for granted that on every cruise thereafter ALL I do is complain about EVERYTHING

:eek: IF, that time every comes, I hope I'll have the mental capacity to realize it's time too quit and stop making those fellow passengers around me stop rolling their eyes.:rolleyes:

Mac

Our next booked cruise is not until Sept 2018 :( However, we might manage to fit in another depending on how long my Mum is with us*

Next year we are going to - try a different cruise line - it will be our first with Celebrity

- rent a mobility scooter for me to use onboard so that I can be more independent

- stay onboard at some of the ports (where the journey to the main attraction is too far for me to tolerate) and maybe enjoy the serenity area or spa while the ship is quieter

* I'm sorry if that sounds hard. Mum is 91 with severe dementia and advanced cancer, so it really is a matter of 'when' rather than 'if' :loudcry:

* I'm sorry if that sounds hard. Mum is 91 with severe dementia and advanced cancer, so it really is a matter of 'when' rather than 'if' :loudcry:

I get it. My father in law is in his late 80's, and we've been asking him to cruise again (he loved it when he went several times), but he kept saying no. After we booked our vacations for this year, he said he wants to go to Alaska. I feel like we should go this year "just in case" but can't. However, the fact that you're going w/your Mum with her health problems gives us hope because he has less issues, and even w/3 or more adults going w/him, we have doubts about whether we can care for him. In fact, we're having a family meeting next week to discuss what help looks like and who has what responsibilities.

The next time... I'm going on a load of ship's excursions, because we've visited Norway before and used HoHo buses and local transport- and never really got up a mountain pass, or saw the glaciers close up. And finally we've booked to go on the famous Atlantic Road. :)

Sorry Boltnut, I think I have misled you. We will not be taking Mum with us, she is not well enough to travel. I am waiting until the inevitable has happened before seeing whether it is possible to fit in another cruise.

I do hope you are able to get your relative to Alaska if this is what he wants.

So TS is on Carnival and so are we next cruise:

Sea Day Brunch is a new thing to try. Guys burgers and Blue Iguana are new too. Probably skip the new BBQ place save it for next time.

Work out before breakfast.

We always do one new thing in port even if we have been to the ports before.

We will have early traditional seating haven't done that in a long time. To share a table and then go out and about for a few hours after dinner.

Sorry Boltnut, I think I have misled you. We will not be taking Mum with us, she is not well enough to travel. I am waiting until the inevitable has happened before seeing whether it is possible to fit in another cruise.

I do hope you are able to get your relative to Alaska if this is what he wants.

Oh, I see. I do see a lot of elderly folks on cruise ships, so I'm hoping it'll work out for my FIL. I hope you will get to go on your cruise, but enjoy your mom while you can... mine passed away when she was only 62 and probably right when I became mature enough to really appreciate her.

Our next cruise will be the firsts for lots of things:

7 day cruise (longest was a 5)

Specialty dining at least twice

Going to three new ports, and have plans in each one

Some of the things we've done before:

Lots of time on our balcony

MDR for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if possible

Lots of pictures

Time reading on our Kindles

Some just for us time with sparkling wine on the balcony

Our next cruise will be on September 12th on the Carnival Inspiration, where I'll be traveling w/my husband and college-aged daughter to celebrate my 50th birthday. During my last cruise on Celebrity, I went to the adult pool (water is warm/hot) on the last sea day and spent a lot of time thinking, "Wow, I should have remembered to do this on my FIRST day!" The last time we were on Celebrity had been about 10+ years ago.

When I go on my next cruise, I'll check out the Serenity retreat earlier, but I was wondering what's on your list of "on my next cruise, I'm going to..." that represents something new/fairly new. Like what else could I be missing out on? :) Thanks.

When I go on my next cruise I plan to spend a lot more time in ports.

... not play dress up. We avoided this for the first time on our last cruise, so liberating. Didn't eat in the MDR on dress-up nights, and didn't miss it. Having packed for and participated in this many times already, we don't see ourselves doing it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

* See if the cruise line app helps me find my way around the ship better than looking at the little map or wall maps.

* Try to remember which way to turn to go to my cabin from the stair case or elevator. I usually start heading one way then find out I have to go to the other side. (roll eyes)

... not play dress up. We avoided this for the first time on our last cruise, so liberating. Didn't eat in the MDR on dress-up nights, and didn't miss it. Having packed for and participated in this many times already, we don't see ourselves doing it anymore.

:) I totally get this. For now, I'm still bringing those dresses I don't normally get to wear, but I'm sure at some point, I could see myself not doing that anymore... maybe.

* See if the cruise line app helps me find my way around the ship better than looking at the little map or wall maps.

* Try to remember which way to turn to go to my cabin from the stair case or elevator. I usually start heading one way then find out I have to go to the other side. (roll eyes)

Yes, that's me too. I think I'm too much about getting things done that I don't stop and look first, like what does it look behind me so that I remember where I am and which way I should be going. I didn't know about an app though... will see if mine has it (cruising in about 45 days!).

Our next cruise is in 9 days, and this time I will wear a sleeveless dress! I'm not listening to that little voice that usually makes me wear something 'conservative'! ;)

I love this :) You'll never see those people again, AND no one should be judging you. It'd be great if you'll return and let me know how'd it go.