Who remembers when.....

fridaythe13th

Several lines allowed this in 80's at a reasonable price, remember one line that had 2 prices for duty free a really cheap price if you picked it up last night of cruise and another price that was about same price as you would pay at local liquor store if you wanted to bring it back to the cabin anytime during cruise ( did lots of cruise lines do not remember which this was)

Wow thanks for this Bob. Had no idea they were offering the liquor packages for stateroom consumption. And actually pretty reasonable, too.

Well, you may not think it's that reasonable when you realize those bottles are half the normal size bottles.

How many remember when you could order a gift basket, with various items,

from an outside vendor to be delivered to your stateroom on day one.

Mac

I remember that. It was great until the cruise lines caught wind of it & shut it down.

Princess still puts a chocolate on each pillow every evening

Yes, Princess still does this. There are three different chocolates so you never know which you'll be getting each night. My favorite are the milk chocolate hearts wrapped in red. :D

That was the case on my very first cruise. I did in fact buy a nice bottle of something and enjoyed it in my stateroom. That along with the chocolate, the midnight buffet (don't blame them for doing away with that), the booklet with all the guests, and . free lattes at dinner. On the other hand, I do believe I am paying the same if not less now for the basic cruise.

Royal has brought back the ability to buy liquor and consume it in your stateroom:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/packages/other-packages/

You will need to check if you can purchase liquor for your specific ship and sailing. There is quite a list of ships where this is unavailable.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

How many remember when you could order a gift basket, with various items,

from an outside vendor to be delivered to your stateroom on day one.

Mac

I remember and it seems tyo me that ended just after 9-11

You will need to check if you can purchase liquor for your specific ship and sailing. There is quite a list of ships where this is unavailable.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

HAL permits buying liquor from a bar/room service and having it deliveredd to your cabin. You can pre- order before boarding and the bottle is there when you arrive.