What do you do to get ready? Cruise 3 weeks

phoneman69

USPS mail hold https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/

pet sitting arrangements made and confirmed

trip to bank for cash in small denominations

print out docs, luggage tags, plans for port excursions, find passport

make shopping list for sunscreen, batteries, otc meds, etc and purchase them

check prescriptions, see if any refills needed

Since I cruise frequently, I have a room where I keep my luggage set out year round and there is a packing table there too. As I gather things I need to pack, I place them on the table until I pack the day before I leave. I hate to pack early because I forget what I did or didn't put in my suitcase, so the table strategy keeps me organized. Items that I take every cruise never leave my suitcase, so part of my packing is already done. KroozFoolz' list is a good one. I also like to laminate my luggage tags in the week or 2 before I pack. If I'm cruising during growing season, I also coordinate with a neighbor to water my hanging pots for me while I'm gone and keep an eye on my house. I also double-check that all the bills are paid before I leave so I don't have to worry about that. I also notify my credit card company that I will be traveling so they won't decline my card as potential fraud if I use it out of town.

My cruise sets sail Sept 14 in about 3 weeks as well. Right now I am making list of everything I need to buy and do. Which luggage are we going to take? What needs to go in the carry on? What can go in the luggage? How much cash to take out? We are in the in between its almost time but we still have some time left. I just want to be organized. It's my husband's first cruise, so making sure he has everything he needs.

I don't do anything that far out....about a week prior, I will pay all bills for the time I'm gone, make sure prescriptions are adequate for the trip, stop my mail and paper.....and that's about it. On the day of departure from home, I make sure things are unplugged, water turned off to washer, etc...thermostats set higher or lower, depending on season....oh, yeah...call those credit cards!!!! Otherwise, you may have your card "cut off" because they think it's fraud!

We don't bring WADS of small bills....larger denominations are much easier to transport. The ship will break down larger bills for you.

1 month away for me. :D These are some of the things on my to-do list.

Print insurance and travel documents

Set up an alarm code for our neighbor who checks on our dog while we're gone

Give a copy of the house key to my parents

Notify credit card company of my travel plans (Already done - I can do this far in advance)

Get cash from bank

Make sure my upcoming bills are paid

Get my eyebrows done

Pack :)

Go to wal-mart or other store and get ginger root, airborne, travel size necessities, etc. Check to make sure I have ibuprofen and whatever other small things for a first aid kit. Also sunscreen.

Make sure I have enough prescription meds to carry me over until I return. If not, call for refills.

Approx one week before departure, print out boarding passes and sign and sail cards, after completing online check-in.

Approx 2-3 days before departure, go to bank and get cash in denominations that I want.

Two days before departure, launder everything. One day before departure, pack it all.

Arrive at airport 2 hours before departure time.

Enjoy.

A few I didn't see mentioned:

Set up DVR to record any programs we don't want to miss

Check sprinklers in the yard, replace batteries if needed

Clean out refrigerator to avoid 'fuzzy' surprises when we get home

If we're renting a car in any ports, note addresses and/or directions for anyplace we want to visit.

Just before leaving the house, empty all trash, double-check window locks.

One week before we pack to go to the airport hotel, I run off the lists as to what goes into the 4 suitcases and 3 carry-ons.

I also get all prescriptions filled -- drug store makes up the bottles for us with proper labels.

Two days before leaving for the airport hotel, the packing is done. Next day car is packed.

So just wondering what others do to get ready? Wife has hair and nail appointments for day before sailing. I guess I could get a hair cut (at least 2 weeks out don't want that just cut look). So what do you do ?

Our bills are automatically paid and we don't have newspaper subscription, so nothing to do for that.

We don't have pets, so other than putting out birdseed,

Nothing to do for that.

I go online to USPS site to have mail held.

I make sure hubby has enough meds.

I get cash from bank.

I do final tweaking of packing list.

I do final shopping for sunscreen and any otc's needed

I put passport and cruise insurance card in purse

I start packing

In addition to notifying credit cards of travel plans, I also notify the bank(s) that provide my debit cards.

Notify the newspaper of the dates I will be gone. Nothing says "nobody's home" like a bunch of newspapers laying on the driveway.

I will be leaving in a few more weeks and have already printed out my very detailed personal cruise packing list that is stored on my computer.

I monitor my flight arrangements that get me to and from the cruise every few days to make sure there are no changes, as well as, during the final week, re-verifying pre/post cruise hotel reservations and limo reservations from home to airport and back.

For bills that will come due in my absence, that are not already set up on auto-pay, I set up payments or prepay them.

Check my prescription meds to be certain I will have enough to last at least a week beyond the date I am due to return home.

At about a month out, I start stacking things on the bed and hanging clothes on over-the-door hooks in the guest/packing room for eventual packing. As I put them in there, I mark the items off on my packing list so I know exactly what I have in those stacks and on those hangers.

42 days before we leave for FL. I've been picking up items, as I've found sales, extra sunblock, flip flops for the kids, sunnies & throwing them into the suitcase that lives in my closet.

I've made the detailed packing list. Went on & prepaid tips, Bc we didn't at booking. I'll print cruise documents & tags a week before.

Made sure my friend is Oscar sitting. (Best friends get stoked to babysit your 165lb Rottweiler)

Written out our true travel budget. Researching more port ideas.

About a week before we leave I'll gather all our clothes & drag suitcases from the attic. I'll double check that clothes fit & aren't holey incase I need to shop.

My lists go on & on. I'm a very type A planner. My family appreciates me being so detailed for them.

I'll go to the pharmacy the day we leave. Notify the credit card company & bank.

Some banks you have to give a few days notice of travel.