Carnival Pride Room 6279

LadyPandora407

• 2 weeks later...

We had this cabin on the Spirit in May. LOVED it! Bathroom was the same size as any cabin, but the room was much bigger than the standard cabins we've had in the past. There were three of us in the cabin. DD chose to use the pull down bed rather than the couch so we still had extra seating space.

One closet was probably six feet long, including two feet of shelves at one end. The other closet was less than two feet wide. There was also a dresser and a cupboard under the TV. We had plenty of storage space.

This was our first balcony, so I can't compare it to others. I think it is both wider and longer than standad balconies. We tended to use it more in the morning than other times. It was hot in the afternoon, when it was in the direct sun and the ship wasn't moving and very cool at night.

We booked it as an ES, but because there are only a couple cabins in this

category, don't expect a price drop.

It was a splurge for us, and as much as we enjoyed the space I probably wouldn't book it again. I'd rather have a cheaper cabin and cruise more than have an expensive cabin and cruise less. But there may be more "regular" balcony cabins in our future.

My husband has pictures on his cell phone. I will try to get them posted for you but it won't be until this evening.

Will you spend time in the cabin?

If yes, then spend the extra money for the space.

IF youspend more time on a balcony I suggest you look to see if 7258 or 8232 is available.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

It will be less money, you get two lounge chairs and plenty of space to move about

My pictures did not turn out as well as I hoped. They are fine for me, but they won't give you a good enough idea. Here are someone else's pictures.

http://family.webshots.com/album/548430717SjHQKi

If you do a search for 6279 you will find other comments about this cabin. They may refer to differenct ships, but if they are all Spirit class, they will all be the same.

By the way, DH said he'd book the same cabin in a minute.

Will you spend time in the cabin?

If yes, then spend the extra money for the space.

IF youspend more time on a balcony I suggest you look to see if 7258 or 8232 is available.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

It will be less money, you get two lounge chairs and plenty of space to move about

We would like to stay in the same area as our son and his family. They are just catty corner from our room in 6287.

Archived