Crocheters, Knitters, Thread & Yarn Crafters

StormTight

One of the most interesting scheduled on-board activities that my darling wife ("DW") has noticed recently on Princess cruises is a get-together for crocheters, knitters, and related crafters. Unfortunately, the get-togethers have not been well organized, as neither Princess, nor anyone else, has accepted leadership responsibility (not to be confused with "dictatorship"!)

My DW is an avid crocheter and really enjoys getting with other knitters and crocheters, etc. during a cruise to crochet, talk, crochet some more and talk some more, and perhaps explain some of their techniques, as well as show some of their creations. Bottom line? True crafters will understand the objective or motive!

If there are enough other thread or yarn crafters that have an interest in participating in a crafters group while at sea, post a response! Perhaps two or more cruisers will connect!

On the longer cruises with HAL (i.e. more sea days) they often will indicate a time and place for crafters to congregate in the daily program. I enjoyed about 35 fellow crafters one time..several of whom spoke no English…but we all had a great time. I usually take some handwork to do on any cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there is a great Canadian group that does crochet cruises, they are all sold out for 2015 already. You can check them out on Facebook 'The Crochet Crowd' or their website http://thecrochetcrowd.com. Cruise info is at http://thecrochetcrowd.com/category/crochet-cruise/

I am a huge fan of theirs and the reviews from the 2014 cruises are fantastic! They are thinking about Europe next! Cheers! Stella

Edited by Stella~Canuck
added a web link

Nice, but how do you make room for yarn and especially the end products in your luggage. Hope you can find people to share with

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Pack the finished product in a space bag.

I schlepped a 6-skein afghan to Rome and back, three colors together with a 'Q' hook.

DD is almost always knitting/crocheting on flights LAX-FCO. Since yarn is very expensive in Italy she takes a supply back with her.

• 2 years later...