Drinking water in United Arab Emirates

Bowie MeMe

Does anyone know how the drinking water in UAE is produced? Is the drinking water safe for old American tummies? I plan to carry a steripen (ultraviolet light that kills water germs). If water is distilled, don't have to be as careful. Thanks.

Lived in the region for 12 years until recently. Whilst tap water is fine for brushing teeth , nobody drinks it.

Bottled water , even the locally produced stuff such as Arwa brand is very cheap and available everywhere.

More upscale restaurants will always assume that youb wantimported water, but thefe is no need for this. Local brands are totally fine

Can I ask if tap water is ok for tea making in Abu Dhabi?

We used it recently in Dubai a few times and it tasted fine. It is high salt content that would be a problem as the water will be boiled in the kettle to make tea, so that should get rid of bugs.

Can I ask if tap water is ok for tea making in Abu Dhabi?

We used it recently in Dubai a few times and it tasted fine. It is high salt content that would be a problem as the water will be boiled in the kettle to make tea, so that should get rid of bugs.

Personally, I used bottled / filtered water for making tea.

Used tap water for cooking food or washing vegetables without problem or ill effects.

For drinking / making tea, coffee etc every household or office had those water cooler machines that hold those HUGE water bottles that are collected and then returned filled with filtered water.

I would imagine that restaurants would use tap water for making coffee or tea. Never made me sick either, but as you say, you can sometime taste the salt or chlorine