RCCL Adventure Ocean for 4 year old. Hours/Activities/ Port Days, Alaska ??

Ginnylou

Was recently on Ruby Princess with 4 year old and used the Children's Program. My son loved it and couldn't wait to return. Ruby was the first time using a service and curious what RCCL Adventure Ocean will be like for a just turned 4 year old. Will be on Explorer of the Seas to Alaska. Your experience/adventure will be apprectiated. What hours might I expect the program to keep? What type of activities? Are they available on port days? Cost for after hours program? Not a great deal of info on their site. Thank you :)

I don't know the exact activities, but most of the younger kids LOVE the clubs! Yes...it's open on port days, too! Late night hours do incur a charge...I'm thinking in the $8-10 per hour range.

Thank you!

We just used the Adventure Ocean (but on Harmony) for that age child it would be the Aquanauts ages 3-5.

Hours of operation are 7:15am - 2:00am...activities vary by day and times...they offer taking them to lunch or dinner also. You'll have a Kids Daily Planner left in your cabin each night just like the Cruise Compass.

The late night fee is $7.00 per hour from 10:15pm-2:00am.

We only used it for our 3 year old grandson 3 evenings...amazing staff and program.

Ashland -

On sea days, do you know how long the aquanauts program closes for lunch and dinner? That info used to be on the RC website, but I can't quite find it currently.

If your child is there they take them to lunch or dinner too.

Lunch hours are noon-2:00pm

Dinner hours are 5:00pm-7:00pm

This is the daily schedule at sea or in port.

But actually they take the kids to the WJ at 5:30pm and are back by 6:30pm. We would have our little one there on the nights we chose this option just before 5:30pm.

We have used the Nursery a few times before this cruise when they were under 3...so this was the first time we used Aquanauts. I thought that they actually closed and you had to pick your child up in between structured program times ...we were happy to see this wasn't the case at all....having the option of the staff taking them to dinner worked out great and I'm sure we would have found the same if we had used the program during the day time.

Edited by Ashland

Thank you so much - this is enormously helpful. We were on a NCL Baltic cruise when my son still napped, and it caused a lot of problems since he would wake up from a nap and want to go to the kids club, which was closed for two hours for lunch and dinner. We haven't had the opportunity to sail with RC yet and are hoping to do so in the future.

• 5 weeks later...

I believe Adventure Ocean hours are essentially "All Day" on Port days and on Sea Days they are CLOSED 12-2p for lunch and another window for dinner in early evening. I believe they only serve lunch/dinner to your kids when it's a port day.

https://www.******************.com/2014/03/05/look-royal-caribbeans-kids-club-3-5-year-olds

BUT I believe you can sign your children up for a feature of Adventure Ocean where you go eat with your kids and about 45 mins in, AO staff will "pickup" your kids in the dining room and take them to AO while you finish a nice meal.

I think RC's kids club is one of the highest rated among all cruise lines, so I bet yours will love it.

So back home from Explorer of the Seas out of Seattle. The kids club was okay my son did ask to go each day. I noticed a big difference between Princess and RC. It's a personal preference and could just be the ships we were on and the personnel working in the kids clubs. Would have to sail on another RC ship to see if our experience was the norm or not. For now I favor Princess which makes me sad as I prefer RC but then again they don't have a ship out of San Pedro.