RCL Liberty of the Seas obstructed view balcony

What is the cabin number? The "aft" cabins state that there MAY BE an "obstructed" view...due to the fact that there is a deck below the aft cabins that stick out further than your balcony might. Nothing is directly in your outward view. No side balconies have "obstructions".

Do not fret. You will be fine.

The obstruction on the aft sides would probably be the window washing fixtures...but they aren't much of an obstruction and you can easily look around them.

What is the cabin number? The "aft" cabins state that there MAY BE an "obstructed" view...due to the fact that there is a deck below the aft cabins that stick out further than your balcony might. Nothing is directly in your outward view. No side balconies have "obstructions".

Do not fret. You will be fine.

If you read the OP's post they purchased an balcony GTY and do not yet have a stateroom assigned.

But why do I bother posting this - the likelihood that you will come back to this thread (or any other thread you post on) to read it is zero. :rolleyes:

:p Thank you cb at sea! I got cabin number 6276 Assigned today!

I would be more concerned with what's under your cabin #6276 which is Sorrentos that serves food until usually 3:00am and can be a very busy place...You might want to ask to be put back in the GTY pool and hopefully get a cabin that isn't over a public area ...JMHO ;)

:confused:Thank you for the info! I saw that, but didn't think you could change your cabin once assigned!

Yes...when staying in the same category cabin...just call RCI directly if you booked yourself or have your TA call if you used one. You might also want to do a mock booking to get an idea of what's available...You could try to request but not sure if they would let you but worth a try...but they will let you go back into the GTY pool to be reassigned. Best of luck.

:confused:Thank you for the info! I saw that, but didn't think you could change your cabin once assigned!

RCI - or your TA - will move you to another stateroom within the assigned category if available. We have done this several times after the initial stateroom was assigned and we found a location we preferred instead.

RCI - or your TA - will move you to another stateroom within the assigned category if available. We have done this several times after the initial stateroom was assigned and we found a location we preferred instead.

Thanks for confirming exactly what I posted ;)

Thanks for confirming exactly what I posted ;)

Well, no it's not exactly what you said. Her room is an E3. If any other E3 is available on the ship, all she has to do is ask to move to it. This person just needs to call her TA or RC and ask what other E3s are open and move to it. There's no such thing as being thrown back into the guarantee pool these days.

Well, no it's not exactly what you said. Her room is an E3. If any other E3 is available on the ship, all she has to do is ask to move to it. This person just needs to call her TA or RC and ask what other E3s are open and move to it. There's no such thing as being thrown back into the guarantee pool these days.

Sorry...I believe you're incorrect this time ....The OP booked a GTY Balcony and she just happened to be assigned an E3...she can certainly ask to be put back in the GTY pool.

Edited by Ashland

• 4 weeks later...
I called my TA and she got cabin changed to #8608! There are cabins above and below. Should be a better cabin! Thanks for all your help!

You did great...enjoy this location !

• 2 weeks later...
You did great...enjoy this location !

And she didn't have to be thrown back into the GTY pool. Once you are assigned a room, you can go to the site that shows all open rooms in the assigned category and ask to be moved to one of them. I have done it several times, and a friend did three days ago.

HI, I'm a new cruiser also and booked a GTY room on Liberty, with 3 in a cabin. I was assigned 6328 - is this a good cabin? I noticed it's an adjoining cabin, will we still have a sofa in the room? What site can you see all the available cabins in a category? When I look on the RCC site, it just give a few options.

HI, I'm a new cruiser also and booked a GTY room on Liberty, with 3 in a cabin. I was assigned 6328 - is this a good cabin? I noticed it's an adjoining cabin, will we still have a sofa in the room? What site can you see all the available cabins in a category? When I look on the RCC site, it just give a few options.

Hey, jot me a note.

Internetwhiz52 at rocketmail dot com