Sony A6300 Video HELP!

I got interested in using my A6300 videotaping Grand-daughter's activites.

The red on/off button is rather small and I usually have to start the video without really focusing on the subject and when finishing, usually have to aim downward to press off.

What is a good (uncomplicated) video editor that you would recommend and is there a way of increasing the lighting. I leave the ISO at max 25000+ but it probably should have been more!

Thanks,

Tom

I got interested in using my A6300 videotaping Grand-daughter's activites.

The red on/off button is rather small and I usually have to start the video without really focusing on the subject and when finishing, usually have to aim downward to press off.

What is a good (uncomplicated) video editor that you would recommend and is there a way of increasing the lighting. I leave the ISO at max 25000+ but it probably should have been more!

Thanks,

Tom

The Adobe Elements/Premier bundle is often on sale at Amazon. Premier Is pretty easy to use and will do what you're asking.

Dave

Sounds like Sony didn't make an improvement here from the a6000. That little red button is one of the few "negatives" for me about this otherwise wonderful camera. Even when I have carefully put a finger over the button before starting a video, and think I've carefully kept my finger there while recording, my finger seems to be somewhere else when I want to press the button again for off. ;p

Sounds like Sony didn't make an improvement here from the a6000. That little red button is one of the few "negatives" for me about this otherwise wonderful camera. Even when I have carefully put a finger over the button before starting a video, and think I've carefully kept my finger there while recording, my finger seems to be somewhere else when I want to press the button again for off. ;p

To be fair, it's a little harder to trigger accidentally then the A6000, but is not ideal by any means. What they need is a movie icon on the mode dial that dedicates the camera to video and sets the shutter button as the main control.

Maybe on the next one? Eh, Sony?

A7000 with a bunch of the A9 goodies while you're at it too!

Dave

Thanks Turtles06 and Dave for your comments.

Will check out the Adobe Premiere - though my wife wonders about the Photoshop/Lightroom/Luminar already on my computer.

My InnerTom wonders about the InnerDave and the Sony A7!

http://www.videostudiopro.com/en/products/videostudio/pro/

A few years back when I was neck-deep in the GoPro craze, and after trying several trial programs, I really clicked with Corel's offering. It seemed the quickest to import raw footage, intuitive to edit, and also pretty quick to compile finished product (on a Windows machine without a video card).

Looks like they still do the free trial, and full disclosure - I haven't used "10" or even my copy of "8" in a year or two, so your mileage may vary...

EDIT-I also put a small round ball of Sugru on the video button (a6000) so it was easier to feel and push...

I saw somewhere someone is selling button extensions for the 6000/6300 to make it easier to find. It also comes with a larger eyepiece that really interests me. Can't help with video not there yet. Still trying to figure out portraits with off camera flash

John

download imovie its brilliant and very easy to use if you want to edit. Easy to cut off and out the bits that you dont want.

I am def NOT a tec type person, too old.. so this is perfect for me

The Adobe Elements/Premier bundle is often on sale at Amazon. Premier Is pretty easy to use and will do what you're asking.

Dave

Thanks Dave - got the Premier through B&H who did not get pressured (yet) by the State of Hawaii to impose state tax and was amazed at how the program brighten up the exposure. Still learning to edit (cut) out the first and last couple of frames where I had problems with the red button.

And thanks to others for their recommendation of Corel. While waiting for B&H to ship the Premier, I did downoad the (trial) Corel but for some reason, Safari wasn't able to open it.

Premier is doing what I want it to do and again, thanks Dave!