JFK or LaGuardia?

atlteacher

It doesn't really matter. I guess technically LGA is closer, but I don't think it will make much of a difference. I would pick whichever airport is more convenient for you to fly into.

And don't overlook Newark Liberty (EWR). It's very easy to get to Manhattan from there. La Guardia is a zoo right now because of the construction.

• 4 weeks later...
And don't overlook Newark Liberty (EWR). It's very easy to get to Manhattan from there. La Guardia is a zoo right now because of the construction.

Second that. Newark is much easier. Are you leaving from Manhattan or Brooklyn?

I live equal distance from LGA and Newark. Even if the prices were more expensive at Newark I would choose Newark over LaGuardia. The construction going on has made it a mess. They show on the news, at least once a week, people leaving their taxis to walk with their luggage to try to get to their terminals from the highway, even the pilots can't get in. Heard its 90 minutes just to get into the airport and also to get back out. Avoid it at all costs!

Are you flying in the day of the cruise (not recommended) or the day before? Newark has a large pool of more reasonable hotels. Post your exact dates and we can make specific recommendations. Train or airport bus plus cab are options to get from EWR to the Manhattan cruiseport.

• 2 weeks later...

If you fly into JFK...you can take the sky train and then either a local subway train or the commuter train to into New York Penn's Station. The Manhatten pier is an inexpensive taxis ride or a 30 minute walk from Penn Station. From Newark take the sky monorail from the airport to commuter line and then take NJ transit into New York, Penn Station. LA Guardia is harder on public transportation.

• 3 weeks later...
Appreciate suggestions on which airport would be more convenient to Manhattan cruise port? I understand LGA is under massive construction!

Try to avoid LaGuardia at all costs! To illustrate how horrendous the traffic is there now with the construction, the car service that we usually use simply refused to take us there! Departure was tough; arrival was simply ridiculous, and we arrived at 10:30pm. I can't imagine what crunch time must be like. ( We did find a car service willing to take us:)).

I will also echo a suggestion from an earlier post about trying to fly in and out of Newark. We've always found that to be the least of three evils.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Appreciate suggestions on which airport would be more convenient to Manhattan cruise port? I understand LGA is under massive construction!

LGA is horrific when there's no construction, impossible since the latest project has been underway - don't remember it being this bad during the last big project but...delays? Not even the planes can get in on time very often.

EWR & JFK always better. JFK my preference, but both have WAY fewer delays & many transport options.

Safe travels - fewer hassles ;)