Port or Starboard for Alaskan cruise

alow

So we are booked in on NCL Bliss to Alaska and I realized looking over our whole party's rooms that we are all on the port side. Is there a better side to be on?

Just for quick reference we're going

Seattle-Ketchikan-Juneau/Sawyer Glacier-Skagway and Victoria before coming back to Seattle.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So we are booked in on NCL Bliss to Alaska and I realized looking over our whole party's rooms that we are all on the port side. Is there a better side to be on?

Just for quick reference we're going

Seattle-Ketchikan-Juneau/Sawyer Glacier-Skagway and Victoria before coming back to Seattle.

Thanks

No real difference with the view. Rather, you should be concerned with what is over and/or under your cabins (potential for unwanted noise).

Is this a "round trip", or are you flying back to Seattle? If it's round trip, you will have a view of both sides....one coming , one going.You won't be IN your cabin all the time, either...so you can wander about and see all you want to!

It is a round trip. Thanks for the info. I've also considered attempting to switch for an aft cabin but unsurprisingly many are booked up.

Almost forgot to respond to the location. We are currently booked aft on the port side so unless I'm mistaken it should be rooms above and below.

It really makes little or no difference. Along the coast of Alaska, you are not close enough to see anything except the mountains along the coast in the distance. If you are going through the Inside Passage, you will see land on both sides. Going into and out of port is nothing that you need to worry about in any given port. Besides, you will be out on deck if you go into one or more of the fjords. Bear in mind that with the exception of the Inside Passage, ships do not stay very close to land.