Best Family Beach Eastern Carrib / Which Port to Skip

CruisingMom-2016

We will be on RC, Allure, Eastern Caribbean and usually like to choose one port day to enjoy a quiet ship. The ship is as much destination as the ports. Traveling with two young kids (n9 and 7) and interested in having the best beach days. (Historical tours may have to wait a few years - we tried the ruins last year in Cozumel but it was a bit difficult in the heat). So, between Nassau ( only there 7-2:30), St. Thomas and St. Kitts - which day would you stay on ship?

Was thinking if a lot of people stay on in Nassau - wouldn't feel like a port day anyway. So considering a ship excursion to Blue Lagoon (b/c of timing) or resort for a day at Melis Nassau.

So, best beaches of the 3 (clean, clear, warm water), and which port best to use as a ship day? Our favorite beach day ever was Castaway Cay and wondering if we can experience something similar anywhere else.

Thanks for any advice - we have a few days to decide!

I would stay on the ship in Nassau. I know many others will too, but most do get off in Nassau, so you can still have a more relaxing ship day.

In St. Thomas, I would take a trip to St. John..the beaches there are absolutely amazing. A ships excursion is a good way to do it, as there are several forms of transportation needed...but it's so worth it!

I too would stay on board in Nassau. St. Thomas has just too much to see. We actually booked an open air island tours with EEE (don't know if they are still running) and my kids LOVED it. St. John is also going to be a quiet beach day. Haven't done St. Kitts. Nothing is going to compare anywhere to Castaway Cay (haven't been but assume it is like the other private island stops with Disney flare) where you have the run of the place.

Blue Lagoon is a great place for kids. Very calm water, use of rafts. Etc, Aqua park, BBQ lunch, and you can participate/watch dolphin encounter.

In St Thomas we went to Coming beach. It does get busy but one of the prettiest beaches i've seen and our kids loved it. We didn't end up going but Coral World is right next door as well.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

PS - Just reread my post above and realised that my phone did auto-correct. It's supposed to say "Coki" beach in St Thomas....not Coming beach (can't edit now)

I have pictures of both Blue Lagoon and Coki beach in my cruise report...link at bottom of my signature.