Quebec City NCL October 2017 Excursion Questions/Advice Needed

jaja

Hi All...sailing on NCL Jade in October...found 2 excursions I am interested in....

We want to get a good "all around " tour...

NCL has one ...called "Quebec and Montmorency Falls...3 hours.

Pros...includes Falls...and of course pick up at ship. Con..time is mid afternoon..cuts down on other options for rest of our time in port...

Viator has one...Quebec Shore Excursion: Quebec City Sightseeing. 2 1/2 hours.

Pros...of course much cheaper ! ( more than 1/2 price) Late AM time. Cons..just city..no falls/countryside . Must walk to pick up outside of port. ( BTW does anyone know maximum walking distance (not sure of which pier ) to Museum of Civilization..pick up spot--??)

If anyone has taken either of these tours..would love to hear about them !!!!

TIA

I've never cruised to Quebec City but I just got back from a 4 day trip. I stayed near the Chateau Frontenac and was fairly close to the cruise port. I did see Montmorency Falls while I was there but honestly would skip it if I was only in port for the day. Quebec City is an amazing place to walk around and take in the sites, shop and eat. If I were you I'd stay in the city and explore. The "Old City" is right across the street from the port. Not sure about the museum of Civilization. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've never cruised to Quebec City but I just got back from a 4 day trip. I stayed near the Chateau Frontenac and was fairly close to the cruise port. I did see Montmorency Falls while I was there but honestly would skip it if I was only in port for the day. Quebec City is an amazing place to walk around and take in the sites, shop and eat. If I were you I'd stay in the city and explore. The "Old City" is right across the street from the port. Not sure about the museum of Civilization. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you !

it may depend on what pier your ship docks at we were right near Old town so a short walk from the ship

pier 22

you can check where your ship will dock

http://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/vessel-schedules/cruise-ships-schedule

pier locations

http://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/information-for-cruise-ship-passengers/access-to-docks

other tours

https://www.toursvieuxquebec.com/en/page/city-and-country-tours

it may depend on what pier your ship docks at we were right near Old town so a short walk from the ship

pier 22

you can check where your ship will dock

http://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/vessel-schedules/cruise-ships-schedule

pier locations

http://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/information-for-cruise-ship-passengers/access-to-docks

other tours

https://www.toursvieuxquebec.com/en/page/city-and-country-tours

Thanks !!!! Looks like will not know for months..which pier...guess most piers are ok..;)

Hi All...sailing on NCL Jade in October...found 2 excursions I am interested in....

We want to get a good "all around " tour...

NCL has one ...called "Quebec and Montmorency Falls...3 hours.

Pros...includes Falls...and of course pick up at ship. Con..time is mid afternoon..cuts down on other options for rest of our time in port...

Viator has one...Quebec Shore Excursion: Quebec City Sightseeing. 2 1/2 hours.

Pros...of course much cheaper ! ( more than 1/2 price) Late AM time. Cons..just city..no falls/countryside . Must walk to pick up outside of port. ( BTW does anyone know maximum walking distance (not sure of which pier ) to Museum of Civilization..pick up spot--??)

If anyone has taken either of these tours..would love to hear about them !!!!

TIA

If it's any help/interest that combo is what we did by ourselves. We took the (very regular) 800 bus to the Falls in the morning and spent about 45 minutes looking at them from all angles. That bus makes many stops and takes about 45 mins each way so if you do it by yourselves it will take the best part of three hours. Other than providing the transport I don't know what extra a "tour" can add to the experience of looking at the waterfall, and if you are unlucky with the weather you are not committed to anything.

Then in the afternoon we just walked round Quebec City. It's a lovely place, with plenty to catch the eye. Any sort of guide book will let you see everything at your own pace, and with the ship always in sight you can easily judge when to start making your way back to it. All the best, Tony

esWN6B3SCz0 _jAUldkIOe0

If it's any help/interest that combo is what we did by ourselves. We took the (very regular) 800 bus to the Falls in the morning and spent about 45 minutes looking at them from all angles. That bus makes many stops and takes about 45 mins each way so if you do it by yourselves it will take the best part of three hours. Other than providing the transport I don't know what extra a "tour" can add to the experience of looking at the waterfall, and if you are unlucky with the weather you are not committed to anything.

Then in the afternoon we just walked round Quebec City. It's a lovely place, with plenty to catch the eye. Any sort of guide book will let you see everything at your own pace, and with the ship always in sight you can easily judge when to start making your way back to it. All the best, Tony

esWN6B3SCz0 _jAUldkIOe0

Tony...thank you very much !!!:D