Does Pier 91 in Seattle have Global Entry?

so you are saying that the cruise terminal at Ft. Lauderdale has global entry; to process you thru customs?

Yes.

We literally bypassed thousands of people in the regular lines, there were 4 people in front of us. (we were getting off Harmony after the TA in Nov)

They also have an app for Androids too.

Mobile Passport - Officially Authorized by CBP by Airside Mobile LLC

https://appsto.re/us/3Nbe2.i

As of now they only list Port Everglades

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mobile Passport has nothing to do with Global Entry. Vastly different things.

MP is a phone app that basically amounts to filling out your declaration form online. If you've got a US passport, you can download it.

Global Entry is a fairly selective US CBP vetting process (costing at least $100 for the application and requiring a face-to-face interview at a CBP post like SFO) that can take more than a year and is not an automatic OK. Where it is available, you do get on the usually shorter line. Remember too that GE is only for returning to the US. You'll need "Precheck" to get on the shorter outbound security lines at US airports.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

If you have Global Entry; you will also have TSA Pre-check too. I have Global Entry and the agent who interviewed me told me that with one price $100 you get two things Global Entry and Pre-Check. So why pay $85 for just pre-check when for $15 more you get both. Let me say: I travel outside the country in my job; so Global Entry for me is a no brainer. My wife does not have it; she only has pre-check.

Mobile Passport has nothing to do with Global Entry. Vastly different things.

MP is a phone app that basically amounts to filling out your declaration form online. If you've got a US passport, you can download it.

Global Entry is a fairly selective US CBP vetting process (costing at least $100 for the application and requiring a face-to-face interview at a CBP post like SFO) that can take more than a year and is not an automatic OK. Where it is available, you do get on the usually shorter line. Remember too that GE is only for returning to the US. You'll need "Precheck" to get on the shorter outbound security lines at US airports.

Or Canada, ours is Nexus but it's the same thing.

Or Canada, ours is Nexus but it's the same thing.

If you are a US citizen, all Nexus does is it gets you back and forth across the US/Canada border with minimum hassle. It does not expedite your return to the US from any other international location like Asia or Europe or South America, etc. Only Global Entry does that. And remember: PreCheck for departing US and Global Entry for returning

If you are a US citizen, all Nexus does is it gets you back and forth across the US/Canada border with minimum hassle. It does not expedite your return to the US from any other international location like Asia or Europe or South America, etc. Only Global Entry does that. And remember: PreCheck for departing US and Global Entry for returning

It's the same thing. Nexus is Canadian GE is American. We use Nexus when returning from anywhere. There's a designated Nexus line.

It's the same thing. Nexus is Canadian GE is American. We use Nexus when returning from anywhere. There's a designated Nexus line.

To add a little bit of information. Although the Canadian program is called Nexus, when we sign up for it, we automatically sign up for GE. That's why we take a little bit longer to get ours, because the background check is done by both the Canadian authorities and the US authorities and when we go for our interview we get our finger prints done by US authorities to allow us to use GE.

Yes, for $50, you get five years of NEXUS, Global Entry and PreCheck. It's kinda magical.

Back to the topic:

No.

Seattle doesn't have GE at Pier 91. That said, depending on the itinerary, the process can be as simple as handing over your blue customs declaration and showing ID.

As I said, not the same thing if you are a US citizen. Maybe, if you're Canadian, it's the same at a Canadian airport. But, if you are a US citizen (or a Canadian) at a US airport, Nexus does zilch for you (which is why Canadians have some sort of deal to get both Nexus and GE).

As I said, not the same thing if you are a US citizen. Maybe, if you're Canadian, it's the same at a Canadian airport. But, if you are a US citizen (or a Canadian) at a US airport, Nexus does zilch for you (which is why Canadians have some sort of deal to get both Nexus and GE).

Guess we're different. Nexus works just fine at US airports

Guess I'm an idiot. Guess my years of NEXUS membership don't really get me the Global Entry and Pre Check benefits that I use on the regular. Guess it didn't speed me through US Customs Friday before last or literally while entering the US again today.

NEXUS membership for Americans grants Global Entry, Pre Check, NEXUS and SENTRI, as well as serves as the underlying trusted traveler membership required as a prerequisite for Privium, ABTC, ABG+ and Viajero Confiable.

So unless you're a US national with NEXUS, stop misinforming people about what it does or doesn't do.

Guess I'm an idiot. Guess my years of NEXUS membership don't really get me the Global Entry and Pre Check benefits that I use on the regular. Guess it didn't speed me through US Customs Friday before last or literally while entering the US again today.

NEXUS membership for Americans grants Global Entry, Pre Check, NEXUS and SENTRI, as well as serves as the underlying trusted traveler membership required as a prerequisite for Privium, ABTC, ABG+ and Viajero Confiable.

So unless you're a US national with NEXUS, stop misinforming people about what it does or doesn't do.

Thank you for the back up.