Voyager

we are sailing Voyager in late September. We've been offered the last available cabin on deck 9 which is an aft concierge suite.....or a guarantee. We are concerned about vibration noise.

Are we better off taking the guaranteed status....or the last cabin before the penthouse suites on deck 9.

Would sure be nice to hear from someone who has sailed in an aft cabin on deck 9....and whether they would do it again!

Thanks,

Debbie

Are you meaning the Concierge E or Concierge D suites; I presume you mean the Concierge E suites that are further aft.

We were in PH suite 955 three years ago and do not recall any issues. Also, it has been reported that work was done to reduce the aft vibration during the dry-dock in 2016.

However, we were also on Voyager over Xmas/New Year and, although we had no problems, we did hear from other guests who complained about vibration causing rattling ceiling planks etc. Individual reaction to vibration on-board is very subjective as to how much of an issue it is.

Taking a GTY will mean that you have no control over your location.

A possible option would be to book the available suite on deck 9; then either you or your TA keep an eye out for a better located suite to come available and request a transfer.

Whatever your final decision I am sure that you will enjoy your cruise on Voyager :)

A "guarantee" will likely get you an aft suite as they are typically the last to sell (other than the ones under the swimming pool - we took an upsell that put us under the pool deck and would never make that mistake again).

From what I have read, the vibration still exists but is likely less than it was before. Whether the possible noise/vibration (which is affected by speed and the seas) would bother you or not depends upon your sensitivity to noise. We have been in an aft suite on the Voyager and the vibration did not bother us as much as the rattling of items within the suite.

You can get on a waitlist for a suite in a better location. Not sure if you are on a shorter cruise when the final payment is due 3 months prior to sailing or a longer one which requires final payment 4 months in advance. In either case, if there are cancellations, they generally occur around the time of final payment.

Wondering how to get waitlisted for a better suite?

We are offered suite 968.....but now thinking an assigned cabin might be even noisier if under pool area.

I talked to my TA who in turn phoned Regent and I have been 'wait listed' on the Navigator.