West End taxi's mid week on 2 ship port day

Hi all, my apologies if this is going to add to the flood of taxi questions, but I am bit spooked since reading some of the taxi related threads.

I will need to get from a Denman St West End hotel out to the the airport for a mid week midday YVR flight to Victoria, and noticed that it is also a 2 ship day in port. Since we would probably be wanting to leave around 9 or 9:30 am, am I likely to be in a spot of trouble waiting for cabs as I would be competing with all the Canada Place cruise exodus?

Can you pre-book taxis?, or is Vancouver a flag down on the side of the road type jobbie? (yep, total BC noob I am afraid).

Victoria is actually the start of a pre-cruise land tour we have booked that ends with our 7 day inside passage cruise on the NA so am really starting to get a case of the pre-holiday stress....

Thanks in advance.

Taxi apps, phoning them direct, and using your hotel front desk should all get a cab to appear at the time you want it (and the fact it's a guaranteed airport fare, while some at the pier may just be going to downtown hotels etc, means you should be prioritised even if it's busy at the pier).

I'd consider your timing - a domestic flight has shorter check-in limits, and the majority of cruisers are US citizens so the transborder terminal will see more foot traffic than for Canadian flights. Aiming for 2 hours preflight arrival would be very generous indeed - so if you're currently factoring in 3+ then you can relax and book for a later time.