Ships with room dividers and good 3-5 kids club

Vaca243

It looks like the Disney ships have rooms with curtain room dividers? Is that correct?

Are there any other lines/ships that have a feature like this?

We are looking for a balcony room on a Caribbean cruise with a good kids club for the 3-5 year old set. Thanks!!

I know the JS's on Radiance class RCI ships have full curtains to divide bed from sofa. The Voyager/Freedom class do NOT have a full curtain.

Carnival has some of the larger standard cabins at sea.

Few ships have the "family" cabin set-ups that Disney has.

All of the cruise lines have decent to great kid's clubs...most prefer them over Disney's....Disney doesn't do "age appropriate as well as the other lines.

As others have mentioned, be cautious of Disney's children's program at that age. 3 year olds will be with children 3-12 years old (much of it as free play). DD (only child, but very outgoing) did not like the program on Disney at all because of the bigger kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is all so helpful, thank you!!

So, for the RCCL family staterooms you can't have just 4 people?

You generally have to call to book them. They usually reserve them for larger families since a smaller cabin is not an option for them unless they book two rooms. Closer to sailing they tend to open the rooms that are left to smaller families. My personal favorite is to get two connecting rooms...more privacy for Mom and Dad and two bathrooms. I actually like the arrangement better than most mini suites.

The Breakaway class and plus ships on Norwegian ((Breakaway, Getaway, Escape) have Family Oceanview rooms that have a curtain to separate parents sleeping space from the kids. It appears to be a nice size room too at a decent price. They also will sleep five people, but you don't need to have five people to book.

We were looking at these rooms for our family of five cruise next year. We ended up booking two rooms instead because my mom and adult daughter are now coming with us.

I am reading lots of positives about their kids programming, and like that they have a kids splash park for our 4 year old.

Our previous sailings have been with RCI and Carnival. RCI does have some great family rooms too, but as stated usually reserved for families of five or more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have sailed with my 2 year old twice- first time when he had just turned 2 on Disney. We did a Family Deluxe Ocean View- it was very roomy and he slept in a pack n play they provided. The room did have a curtain divider. He had a good time in the nursery (~$9/hr), we used it about 2 hours each day. He does to daycare and It was a similar set-up, so he adjusted fine. They had snacks, movies, crafts, playdoh, etc. He was sad he could not go in the pools, but enjoyed the splash pad with us!

We just got off the Carnival Conquest last week, and he is 2 yrs 9 months now. He slept on the couch bed- we brought a blow-up bed rail to keep him from rolling out. He loved it. We used magnetic hooks and black out curtains to separate the kids area from ours, so we could go out on the balcony while they slept. He did well in the Kids Club, cried at first, but did better when all age groups played together, so he could just be with his older brother (age 10). He is potty training now, so they did change his diaper for us once or twice. They went probably about 2-3 hours each day so we could relax and go to the bar. They called us on their phones and gave us updates, etc.

We are doing another Disney cruise this winter after he turns 3. Hopefully potty-training is done and he can go in the pools and kids clubs. I am probably the only one happy about the large age group on Disney (3-12), that way his brother can play with him and take him potty! :D

• 4 weeks later...

We sailed in an ocean veranda/balcony room on the Brilliance. Curtains divided the room between us and our 3 yr olds bed (Pullman bed from ceiling with decent bedrails). Was perfect and decent sized cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...
We have sailed with my 2 year old twice- first time when he had just turned 2 on Disney. We did a Family Deluxe Ocean View- it was very roomy and he slept in a pack n play they provided. The room did have a curtain divider. He had a good time in the nursery (~$9/hr), we used it about 2 hours each day. He does to daycare and It was a similar set-up, so he adjusted fine. They had snacks, movies, crafts, playdoh, etc. He was sad he could not go in the pools, but enjoyed the splash pad with us!

We just got off the Carnival Conquest last week, and he is 2 yrs 9 months now. He slept on the couch bed- we brought a blow-up bed rail to keep him from rolling out. He loved it. We used magnetic hooks and black out curtains to separate the kids area from ours, so we could go out on the balcony while they slept. He did well in the Kids Club, cried at first, but did better when all age groups played together, so he could just be with his older brother (age 10). He is potty training now, so they did change his diaper for us once or twice. They went probably about 2-3 hours each day so we could relax and go to the bar. They called us on their phones and gave us updates, etc.

We are doing another Disney cruise this winter after he turns 3. Hopefully potty-training is done and he can go in the pools and kids clubs. I am probably the only one happy about the large age group on Disney (3-12), that way his brother can play with him and take him potty! :D

Sorry if im hijacking the thread - do you have any pictures of your curtain set up? Or a link to the hooks/curtains you used? Trying to figure out a way to keep our light sleeper separated from us on our upcoming cruise in november! Thanks!!

Sorry if im hijacking the thread - do you have any pictures of your curtain set up? Or a link to the hooks/curtains you used? Trying to figure out a way to keep our light sleeper separated from us on our upcoming cruise in november! Thanks!!

We just used something like this on the walls, but would work for the ceiling, there are tons on amazon.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MASTER-MAGNETICS-Handi-Hook-20-lb-Magnetic-Pull-Hook-07218HD/202639937