WORLD CRUISE - 2nd segment

forgap

Crooz_n, I'm so glad you revived this thread because I was very curious how the rest of the voyage went and your impressions of the World Cruise. Our segment was 28 days and I was ready to get off the boat. Did boredom or routine diminish the journey? It seemed like there were a lot of sea days...was this a plus or a minus? Looking forward to your response!

Crooz_n, I'm so glad you revived this thread because I was very curious how the rest of the voyage went and your impressions of the World Cruise. Our segment was 28 days and I was ready to get off the boat. Did boredom or routine diminish the journey? It seemed like there were a lot of sea days...was this a plus or a minus? Looking forward to your response!

This was a special "dream" trip specifically to check off so many "bucket list" ports coupled with the ease of no long flights and while we are in very good health, agile and in good shape physically. Could not have done the trip without the comfort of the separate bedroom and additional half bath. Hubby is early to bed and I enjoy entertainment, etc. However, we are now spoiled for life.

Also, on such a long itinerary (last year we did 72 night Grand South America on the Mariner; our precursor to the WC) you really develop routines. It does become a second home.

There were a lot of sea days but were expected given the full WC itinerary. They were all doable but five days across the Atlantic even got to me. However, on the other hand, it allowed us to pack seven suitcases leisurely.

Worst seas were out of Funchal. Sixty knot winds and 28 foot swells so I really went "airborne" a few times. The GS is not located in the best part of the ship. The lack of a second alternative restaurant made dining become a little monotonous. We had the Prime 7 menu memorized. That is NO relfection on the quality of the food or presentation but much like eating in the same restaurant at home for 128 days in a row. Toward the end several of us fantasized about a simple grilled cheese sandwich, meatloaf and mashed potatos, etc. LOL!!

All in all we enjoyed the trip immensely. A few new places are on our horizon while still able comfortably to travel.