What are your favorite Cruise Vlogs ?

NightOne

Me and my buddy (Red Beard) just finished our very first cruise video.

The Adventures of Captain Dut & Red Beard!

now that we have one under our belts, our future videos will be more vloggy and less like a highlight reel.

We are just 2 buddies that like to get our families together and have cruise adventures. We hope you enjoy

I'm a little late to this party!

Thanks To those who gave us a shout out earlier (hi Jim!):

Our Star Princess Sea of Cortes and Mexican Riviera vlogs (still in progress):

Our short Carnival Imagination vlog playlist:

Sheri

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Although I have been watching cruise videos for years I just started getting into cruise vlogs. Here are some my favorites thus far:

1. Seas Cruisers - The Donohos (Amy and Elizabeth)

These are the gold standard as far as I am concerned. I haven't seen anything better and they have a LOT of content. Here is a link to their playlists of cruises:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5hyCFNJwGcZOs_76B2JbYw/playlists

2. SheaParker - Brooke and Garrett

This is the only couple I have ever seen that MADE MONEY on a shore trip :D Great stuff

3. iamthebosslady - Terri and Tony

My next cruise is on Carnival Dream so I really like that one. Terri and Tony are awesome too! :)

4. Adventures of Angela and Andy

Shows you details you miss in other videos

5. CruiseNYR

Only a couple of videos total but worth watching this young couple

6. sarahproductions113

Great production values being it is from a 17 year old Canadian teenager

I would love to hear about other cruise vloggers I can check out?

You got any to share? ;)

Thanks

Are you one of the Sea Cruisers Patrons that supports their ability to take all of those cruises? I am not sure if I admire the fact that they have pulled that off or so jealous that they have. Their most recent VLOGs have been aboard the Disney Magic but most of the time spent has been their infomercial type comments about the ears they have purchased from Etsy. They keep saying they brought $1000 worth of ears but they way they are talking them up and showing the business cards for them makes me think that they sure didn't spend that money themselves. Either way I agree that their content is pretty comprehensive, unless you like the night life, they do not usually partake. I also wish they and their kids dressed a little nicer for dinners but then again that could be my catty jealous that they took 11 cruises last year self talking :halo::evilsmile:

Are you one of the Sea Cruisers Patrons that supports their ability to take all of those cruises? I am not sure if I admire the fact that they have pulled that off or so jealous that they have. Their most recent VLOGs have been aboard the Disney Magic but most of the time spent has been their infomercial type comments about the ears they have purchased from Etsy. They keep saying they brought $1000 worth of ears but they way they are talking them up and showing the business cards for them makes me think that they sure didn't spend that money themselves. Either way I agree that their content is pretty comprehensive, unless you like the night life, they do not usually partake. I also wish they and their kids dressed a little nicer for dinners but then again that could be my catty jealous that they took 11 cruises last year self talking :halo::evilsmile:

Yes, I am a patron.

They are big Disney fans and are very excited about their 1st Disney Cruise. I didn't found the amount of coverage about the ears to be "infomercial type" as it was a small portion of each 20-40 minute video.

Sea Cruisers remains by top cruise vlog channel by far. No one else is even close on the amount or frequency of the content.

I think people have their monetization concepts all screwed up. So it was OK for Charlie Sheen to make 1.8 for each 20 minute episode of Two and Half Men but someone produces 25 hours of cruise material and they shouldn't get a dime? Do people even fathom the amount of time and effort it takes to produce, edit, and distribute hundreds of hours of high quality video?

One of the reasons the reasons they get to cruise so much is:

1. They are Florida residents and can drive to all the ports

2. One of them is a travel agent

3. They book insides

4. Most of their cruises are not 7 day cruises - The ones that are were priced cheap - Example: Their Fathom cruise was $199-$249 per person for 7 days. They take more 3-5 days cruises

5. They can go last minute

6. They find unsold inventory on theme/group cruises

So in a nutshell: they go on a lot of last minute, short, cheap cruises.

I know this may sound a bit defensive but it just gets me going when people bring up the whole patron thing about them. Do you realize that Matt Hochberg from the RCCL Blog is pulling down over $1700 a month on Patreon and he only does a blog and a weekly audio podcast? (a whole lot less content than what Sea Cruisers puts out)

Why aren't people supposed to get any money for their work? :)

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just posted our first cruise vlog, which is part of a series of Vlogs from our recent 9 night cruise. It's purely for entertainment.

Enjoy, and if you do learn anything, consider it a bonus!

[YOUTUBE]dJ0hkir5ODI[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, I am a patron.

They are big Disney fans and are very excited about their 1st Disney Cruise. I didn't found the amount of coverage about the ears to be "infomercial type" as it was a small portion of each 20-40 minute video.

Sea Cruisers remains by top cruise vlog channel by far. No one else is even close on the amount or frequency of the content.

I think people have their monetization concepts all screwed up. So it was OK for Charlie Sheen to make 1.8 for each 20 minute episode of Two and Half Men but someone produces 25 hours of cruise material and they shouldn't get a dime? Do people even fathom the amount of time and effort it takes to produce, edit, and distribute hundreds of hours of high quality video?

One of the reasons the reasons they get to cruise so much is:

1. They are Florida residents and can drive to all the ports

2. One of them is a travel agent

3. They book insides

4. Most of their cruises are not 7 day cruises - The ones that are were priced cheap - Example: Their Fathom cruise was $199-$249 per person for 7 days. They take more 3-5 days cruises

5. They can go last minute

6. They find unsold inventory on theme/group cruises

So in a nutshell: they go on a lot of last minute, short, cheap cruises.

I know this may sound a bit defensive but it just gets me going when people bring up the whole patron thing about them. Do you realize that Matt Hochberg from the RCCL Blog is pulling down over $1700 a month on Patreon and he only does a blog and a weekly audio podcast? (a whole lot less content than what Sea Cruisers puts out)

Why aren't people supposed to get any money for their work? :)

I started watching them from their Disney side and just recently started watching a lot of their Sea Cruisers videos....I'll say they're unfortunately pretty obnoxious about the plugging of things. I agree about the ears and they're def either paid or given to them for their endorsement. I am all for them getting paid for work but srsly they went on for two minutes or more in one video about their patreon plus the ears etsy information plus the ad at the start of the video. Choose a lane and go with it imo and if you're gonna do patreon then simply spend 20 seconds explaining you have a patreon and put a link in description. Don't spend minutes at a time on multiple videos going on about it basically begging for money. Plus tbh they have no production value at all....They don't add music or really any cuts that I can remember. They simply take videos and stitch them together. Not there is anything wrong with that but when you're kinda begging for money it is a bit of a negative.

I don't think Sheen deserved what he got either.

But to add to the list I'd recommend Josh Hocum. He has some fun vids and actually does a bit of style edits and fun stuff to produce the videos. He hasn't been doing it as long or as many as some of these but I really enjoy his vids...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiaKqnVQex-d4IsprU2nShg/videos

I started watching them from their Disney side and just recently started watching a lot of their Sea Cruisers videos....I'll say they're unfortunately pretty obnoxious about the plugging of things. I agree about the ears and they're def either paid or given to them for their endorsement. I am all for them getting paid for work but srsly they went on for two minutes or more in one video about their patreon plus the ears etsy information plus the ad at the start of the video. Choose a lane and go with it imo and if you're gonna do patreon then simply spend 20 seconds explaining you have a patreon and put a link in description. Don't spend minutes at a time on multiple videos going on about it basically begging for money. Plus tbh they have no production value at all....They don't add music or really any cuts that I can remember. They simply take videos and stitch them together. Not there is anything wrong with that but when you're kinda begging for money it is a bit of a negative.

I don't think Sheen deserved what he got either.

But to add to the list I'd recommend Josh Hocum. He has some fun vids and actually does a bit of style edits and fun stuff to produce the videos. He hasn't been doing it as long or as many as some of these but I really enjoy his vids...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiaKqnVQex-d4IsprU2nShg/videos

The latest Disney Vlogs are definitely more "pluggy" than anything they have done in the past. I can't disagree with that. But I guess 2 minutes of a 40 minute video doesn't really bother me.

I personally HATE HATE HATE music in cruise vlogs and love that they share the natural audio. I cannot tell you how many hundreds of videos I have quit watching because of "production value" added to them. If I want to watch music videos I will go watch 1987 MTV. LOL

I already subscribe to Josh Hocum and a lot of others ones since I made the original post a year ago. However, Sea Cruisers still remains number 1 in my book, Nothing better out there in my opinion.

Go watch some of their other stuff like the Fathom and original NCL Escape Vlogs. :)

The latest Disney Vlogs are definitely more "pluggy" than anything they have done in the past. I can't disagree with that. But I guess 2 minutes of a 40 minute video doesn't really bother me.

I personally HATE HATE HATE music in cruise vlogs and love that they share the natural audio. I cannot tell you how many hundreds of videos I have quit watching because of "production value" added to them. If I want to watch music videos I will go watch 1987 MTV. LOL

I already subscribe to Josh Hocum and a lot of others ones since I made the original post a year ago. However, Sea Cruisers still remains number 1 in my book, Nothing better out there in my opinion.

Go watch some of their other stuff like the Fathom and original NCL Escape Vlogs. :)

On the flip side of that...if I wanted to just watch someone's vacation videos then I'd just break out my old VHS tapes. I do think their videos are a fun watch though, and they are probably number one when it comes to the amount of content. I agree to a point that I don't really care for an entire video of just music with some video of cruising...But I think Hocum does a good job of adding in some music, actual vlog/cruising, some clever camera work, and some decent production quality.

I haven't gotten to the point where I'll refuse to watch their videos because of the constant plugging. But I won't pay for the content either because of it....Perhaps if they plugged it at the end of the video instead sorta sneakingly doing it mid video then I'd be willing to contribute.

I've watched their Escape vids...I'll get to the Fathom eventually. :)

Although I have been watching cruise videos for years I just started getting into cruise vlogs. Here are some my favorites thus far:

These are the gold standard as far as I am concerned. I haven't seen anything better and they have a LOT of content. Here is a link to their playlists of cruises:

This is the only couple I have ever seen that MADE MONEY on a shore trip :D Great stuff

My next cruise is on Carnival Dream so I really like that one. Terri and Tony are awesome too! :)

5. CruiseNYR

6. sarahproductions113

You got any to share? ;)

Thanks

I love Sea Cruisers! They're a riot. Does anyone know if they're members on here?

I love Sea Cruisers! They're a riot. Does anyone know if they're members on here?

I've never seen them post anything here and I do not think they participate in the Cruise Critic forums.

I love the Sea Cruisers and love the content. They give so many helpful tips and fun ideas. I love the way they go to the different restaurants and show the things they like...and things that weren't as good. I need to go back through things and write down all the tips they give. It truly is amazing.

Josh Hocum has great cruise vlogs. Very entertaining and polished for a young man. His mother or father are usually in tow. He is a Carnival enthusiast, but will be doing a MSC this summer. He did declare in one video he wants to be a cruise director. He will make a good one in the future. Click on playlists as he has organized his videos by cruise.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiaKqnVQex-d4IsprU2nShg

Sent from my SM-T377W using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Just stumbled upon this thread. We watched the Sea Cruisers and Mr. Traveler quite a bit prior to our first cruise. Looking forward to checking out the others here. Needless to say after that first cruise my wife and I are hooked. We have 5 more booked. Also, we started a vlog. Feel free to check it out. Would love some feedback as we don't really know what we are doing :).

Here is our first video:

b5Fl47f7atk

and here is our review of Carnival's Faster to the Fun:

Y0BHeuNpfbg

5. CruiseNYR

6. sarahproductions113

You got any to share? ;)

Thanks

Thank you for this list. I will check the others I have not seen. I love watching Vlogs. I have watched almost all of Sea Cruisers and I am a fan. I really enjoyed their earlier Vlogs more. I will agree, their more recent Vlogs are filled with the Patreon plugs. They have about 20 Vlogs per cruise and most people will watch the entire series. They used to say something about it in 1 or 2 of the series, now it seems like they discuss the whole process in each video. Kudos to them for making money off of their hard work they put in to their Vlogs, it would be nice to maybe have them mention it and provide a link with explanation and move on. I'm not sure when it started to annoy me about the plug, maybe when I realized they always say that the Patreon donations "DO NOT PAY" for their cruises. I have to disagree. Their page clearly says they have over 250 Patrons so, I am quite sure the amount of money they make monthly does help pay for cruises. Like I said, Kudos to them for making money from their hard work but own it.

Now to answer your question, Sharon at Sea and her family also have nice Vlogs. Check them out.

SaveSave

Thank you for this list. I will check the others I have not seen. I love watching Vlogs. I have watched almost all of Sea Cruisers and I am a fan. I really enjoyed their earlier Vlogs more. I will agree, their more recent Vlogs are filled with the Patreon plugs. They have about 20 Vlogs per cruise and most people will watch the entire series. They used to say something about it in 1 or 2 of the series, now it seems like they discuss the whole process in each video. Kudos to them for making money off of their hard work they put in to their Vlogs, it would be nice to maybe have them mention it and provide a link with explanation and move on. I'm not sure when it started to annoy me about the plug, maybe when I realized they always say that the Patreon donations "DO NOT PAY" for their cruises. I have to disagree. Their page clearly says they have over 250 Patrons so, I am quite sure the amount of money they make monthly does help pay for cruises. Like I said, Kudos to them for making money from their hard work but own it.

Now to answer your question, Sharon at Sea and her family also have nice Vlogs. Check them out.

SaveSave

They are still posting Norwegian Pearl Vlogs which makes their last complete set the Disney Magic ones. They consist of 25 videos which total over 493 minutes. That over 8 hours of video! If you track the amount of minutes they spend talking about Patreon I bet it doesn't add up to 20 minutes of the 8 hours. When I posted my original list they weren't even doing Patreon. Now that they are so many people seem to want to condemn them for it.

BTW, that 8 hours is after editing. You know how much time and effort to edit that much video?

Funny thing is that I mentioned Matt Hochberg who does a weekly audio podcast and a blog and he is pulling down almost $1800 a month on Patreon for that and no one ever seems to have a problem with that. I personally think his content is a whole lot less valuable especially since he is a borderline spokesman for RCCL. (on top of having a travel agent as a paid sponsor too)

Bottom line: I still think Sea Cruisers puts out the best cruise vlogs period.

Thanks for the recommendation for Sharon at Sea. I will check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have watched all the Sea cruisers videos, when I started watching them I thought they were great, but more and more things started to bug me.

The amount of food they order then waste is unjustifiable, why order the same dishes each, have one bite then waste them. Why not share the dishes if they know they are only ordering just for a taste

The plugging for Tips is just getting too much now, yes Amy spends a lot of time doing them but as she says she enjoys doing it, so please stop begging for tips.

Their content is becoming a little repetitive, maybe because they do the same itineraries, so their latest trip should be more interesting but i'm guessing that will be a while away before they upload it.

At the moment I'm loving Josh Hocum, he covers a lot of items including the traveling to ports, local pre/post cruise stays and is a pretty funny guy, love his Moms input. He would make a great CD one day