Seattle- Bruce/Brandon Lee graves

FlaMommy75

Seattle locals: We plan to stay in Seattle a few days before our cruise and my husband wants to see Bruce Lee's gravesite (Yes, I know it isn't the most thrilling thing to see but he is super into martial arts and it was his only request for the trip). I looked it up and see it is like 5 miles from our hotel (W Seattle). Is uber/lyft my best option?

Thanks!!

Probably. They might be a little more flexible about waiting which even for waiting cost might save some time over getting another one when done. Don't assume they know where it is or even where Lake View Cemetery is. Even a lot of locals have no idea it is there.

It's not five miles from the W - it's barely three, and that's only because the entry is on the east side of the cemetery. It's a VERY pedestrian-friendly neighborhood, but there's a steep hill between the hotel and there.

I wouldn't hesitate to use Uber or Lyft - I would guess your wait time to get a ride when you're at the cemetery would typically be three to seven minutes.

If the weather is nice, though, consider using public transit and walking. From the W you could board a King County Metro #10 bus at 4th and Pike (three flat blocks from the hotel) and they'd deliver you to stop 11640 (Grandview and Galer), about a block from the cemetery entrance. Ask the driver for a transfer when you board - it's good for two hours so you'll have plenty of time to explore.

If it were me, I might walk eight blocks south to the corner of 15th and John when I was done for coffee and a pastry at Bakery Nouveau, arguably one of the best bakeries on the West Coast. You could catch the 11 back to the hotel from there or hail an Uber/Lyft.