If a 3rd Marina class ship -add/subtract/change what?

UDSpud

You could very well be right as I am no marketing expert but I can notice that while the price point on Regent Seven Seas is greater than Oceania that price is for a more inclusive experience (Roundtrip BUSINESS CLASS Air fare, UNLIMITED shore excursions, UNLIMTED Beverages, OPEN bars and Lounges, PRE-PAID Gratuities and INCLUDED transfers between airport and ship) Would stripping all of the above bring this ship down to the Oceania price point without having to shrink the cabins et al? I don't know but it doesn't seem to me that building a version of Explorer for Oceania is as far out of reach as we might first think.

Just an observation on O vs Regent: I often do a bottom line price comparison of O to Regent for similar itineraries. And I do figure in all the O extra options to have an "apples to apples" comparison to the all-inclusive Regent. In every instance so far (looking at cruises of at least 18 days), O always works out to be several thousand dollars per person less.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just an observation on O vs Regent: I often do a bottom line price comparison of O to Regent for similar itineraries. And I do figure in all the O extra options to have an "apples to apples" comparison to the all-inclusive Regent. In every instance so far (looking at cruises of at least 18 days), O always works out to be several thousand dollars per person less.

Seems to me most of these posts have been about shrinking the size of a new ship to an R size and keeping all the things that are on the O ships. And now they should adjust the price to compare to Regent. How are these thing possible? Let me know and I will sign up in a second.

Seems to me most of these posts have been about shrinking the size of a new ship to an R size and keeping all the things that are on the O ships. And now they should adjust the price to compare to Regent. How are these thing possible? Let me know and I will sign up in a second.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, I think you've got it backwards. I'm not suggesting that O should increase its prices. Rather, I'm confirming that O is a relative bargain when compared to Regent.

As for lower prices on Oceania, I've got mixed feelings there. Certainly, I would enjoy paying less for the same product. But I am also convinced that lowering the prices might also have a seemingly negative effect on the current passenger demographic, which we prefer.

Yes - especially for those that do not drink and included alcohol is not a "benefit" or those that like to do their own shorex.

I just looked at Explorer vs Marina 14 day Med cruises with almost identical itineraries. Compared similar size cabins, no air on either and 4 excursions/pp on Marina vs all excursions on Explorer. The price difference was $4000/pp = $8000/couple.

When, in my case, I add the Plat. Benefits of $600 OBC (which I can use for additional excursions - ship's or private), 2 spas, etc the math just doesn't make sense FOR ME.

Granted, it might make sense for others.

One thing I would love to see would be an increase in the number of disabled-accessible cabins. While there are more of them on Riviera and Marina than on the earlier ships, I think there should be at least two in each category.