What size luggage do you bring?

itmustbeso

Koalacash,

Wow! I need your packing list. DH and I are planning a 10 night Italy/Greece cruise in October plus 10 days landside. I'm determined to take only one 22" carry on each and a small tote/backpack each. If you can get 15 outfits with only carry on bags, you are a packing Pro!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

TaiGal, With the right luggage brand for quality and build, to the size of that luggage and how the bag is laid out. You can do it. I travel for a week at a time both international and domestic. I use an expandable compression bag; its a 21" Briggs & Riley CX compression. Fits on any us and international carrier and I can pack for 10 days; although i'm usually only gone for 7/8 days

I have a large duffle bag for 5 days or less. It can fit on the plane as a carry on. For 7 days I take one of the big luggage and check the bag. My first cruise I over packed. I had an outfit for every day plus at night for dinner. Plus in case it was cool. Now I just pack swim suits, dresses, sandals and flip flops the basics.

• 4 weeks later...

I usually try to travel with my hard side carry on and a big purse or something and I'm plus sized so my clothes take more space. I once went to visit my family for 2 months with temps that were below freezing to mild. So this included things like boots, a hoody, and a heavy coat with a scarf, etc. I was able to do laundry but I brought a ton of stuff and still did carry on only.

For cruises we drive and typically my husband would have a backpack, I had a large purse and we shared a carry on and a 24 inch bag which included snorkeling gear. Our next cruise we'll have our special needs son who is currently still in diapers and requires us bringing a lot of his own food so we might add one extra carry on or another backpack.