whats the Deal with Uber and what does it cost?

toxicfairy

Ok so I heard you can not get Uber from Galveston to Hobby airport but can I get an Uber From Hobby airport to Galveston cruise port? I had booked Comfort suites in Galveston day before cruise however I just switched to SpringHill Suites Houston aiport for $130 less !! I would have to get transportation either way it's was just a matter of from airport day before or day of cruise. By the way there will be 4 adults and 8 pieces of luggage. Thanks for any help!!

For now, you can get a Uber from Houston airport to Galveston, but not on the return, try to book a shuttle with the cruise line, or with Galveston Shuttle & Limo, they offer private cars, or with Galveston Limousine, they offer shared shuttle service, it is very hard to get cabs during the morning of the cruise day, so it is better to make your return arrangement in advance, good luck.

It's all political in Galveston.Nothing to do with Uber.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy using speech to text

It has not been political in Galveston but has been the local law. Fingerprinting required of drivers.

However the State of Texas legislated last week finger prints are not required .

Galveston should be revisiting the matter soon enough.

You are right ssb the State of Texas just passed a bill 100 which is a legislation for TNC companies to be regulate by the states instead of the cities. basically Uber and similar companies can operate legally all over the state of Texas and city are not allow to intervene at all, so probably in about 2 months Uber will be operating all over the state of Texas. Now for the removal of the finger printing background check, that's another risk that customer will have to take, and I am sure there will be some incidents just as it is happening these days, but time will show up what's coming. good luck

It's all political in Galveston.Nothing to do with Uber.

Uber left of its own accord for refusing finger printing; same in Austin and Houston.

Paid lobbyists have pursued through the State Legislature to pass this Bill. The same Bill died in the House in 2015. Taxi companies fought against the Bill in order to have a level playing field. They finger print.

This year's Bill still has to be signed by the Governor before it goes into effect.

They left for more than a single reason.City council also wanted to control the rates charged. Control how many cars an Uber driver could have. And a number of other of other regulations.They provide a great service to every community it's in.I hope they come back to Galveston.

We used them all the time, when they were here. But when they left,we purchased a golf cart. So it doesn't affect me one way or the other. But it would be nice for our visitors to be able to have a nice service like that.