Picture-A-Week 2017 - Week 20

Shootr,

Come on, everyone knows London isn't sunny, it's always thick FOG (pea souper) or raining...:D

Dickie

Out of nearly 2 weeks in Ireland and UK, we've had two days of rain - at least partly sunny every other day.

I joke to whomever listens we brought it from Arizona - every one of them tells us we're not allowed to leave.

On Monday, we began our long trip home by sitting in the Miami International Airport for about six or seven hours. During that time I made the trek to find something to eat better than the plastic-wrapped fare from the stand near our gate. While walking the mile or so that yielded coffee, an Egg McMuffin for Kim and a Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit for me, I saw dozens of these colorful wooden rockers along the sides of the concourse. Oddly, most were stacked and inaccessible and the few that weren't were all empty. Another weird art installation? A novel idea that fell flat? Who knows? They were interesting enough to land the shot for week twenty.

MIA Rockers

p2336196636-5.jpg

Dave

Yay! I downloaded two weekends of shots from my camera, so I get to post in two weekly threads at the same time! Here's some more action from the local wetlands here in Florida:

This is a basilisk lizard - not native here, but to Central America. Also known as a 'Jesus Christ' lizard as they can jump up on their hind feet and run across the surface of the water...this one was too lazy for that and just sat half-submerged looking back at me:

original.jpg

OK - get out the marker so you can count these off. In what might be the largest brood of ducklings I've ever seen, this momma mottled duck had all these ducklings resting in the cypress knees - and I couldn't even count them all until I got home and viewed them on my computer blown up. My final head count is an amazing 21 ducklings!:

original.jpg

And a closeup look at some of these cuties:

original.jpg

Speaking of cute, check out this little cottonball that sprouted big legs...this is a black-necked stilt chick:

original.jpg

If you're wondering why on earth a tiny little chick like that would have such huge legs...it's because when it grows up, it's going to look like this:

original.jpg

• 2 weeks later...