Overseas Flight Specials available all year now

I live in Orlando and tourism from abroad has been increasing every year for at least the last ten years. If tourism from Europe has dropped off, South America has taken up the slack plus some. Our economy is booming.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I live in Orlando and tourism from abroad has been increasing every year for at least the last ten years. If tourism from Europe has dropped off, South America has taken up the slack plus some. Our economy is booming.

No, tourism from the rest of the world to the US has dropped off. I don't believe Orlando constitutes the entire US as yet, even if it does have Disneyworld.

Those South Americans better be the rich ones.

WOW!! Is that all the rest of this year?

It was only for a short period, around a couple of months. They did have fares for later periods in the year around the $3700 mark, but not all dates.

However, that sale has finished now, so keep your eyes out for future ones...

Oh, one other thing. It was RTW, but not like usual where you get to choose. RTW defined as Hong Kong, London, LAX.

Oh, you mean the same place that 50 were killed and another 50 wounded inside a nightclub from a terrorist/hate crime last year? In addition to all the regular shootings that go on in Florida.

I'm struggling to see how that would decrease visits to Europe as per your assertion, yet increase visits to Florida.

It was only for a short period, around a couple of months. They did have fares for later periods in the year around the $3700 mark, but not all dates.

However, that sale has finished now, so keep your eyes out for future ones...

Oh, one other thing. It was RTW, but not like usual where you get to choose. RTW defined as Hong Kong, London, LAX.

Thanks. Now I see why with restricted ATW, via LAX. Last time I went through LAX business class I thought I was going to miss my continuing flight to JFK, because of over zealous security (and no-one cared that I had someone meeting me at JFK)!

Big M, the terrorist who murdered the people in the Pulse nightclub in Orlando was a radicalized Islamist; the kind of people we don't want in this country. His wife has been charged as an accomplice. Europe has been allowing people like this to emigrate to your continent in massive numbers. You have portions of major cities where police no longer patrol because they are too dangerous.

Sinbad, the South Americans who come to Orlando are probably very wealthy. They spend large sums of money while here. The Orlando economy is doing very well with employment at record highs.

Europe has been allowing people like this to emigrate to your continent in massive numbers. You have portions of major cities where police no longer patrol because they are too dangerous.

:confused: In Australia? :eek:

I wonder why I've never heard of that? :confused:

After the multiple Paris terrorist attacks, it was reported that the terrorists lived/stayed in Brussels in a refugee ghetto that was so dangerous that police no longer patrolled those areas, and this is in the capital of the EU. I'm watching the Manchester concert explosion news on tv right now; fatalities and injuries have been reported. They said explosion may have taken place in arena lobby. Thoughts and prayers for the victims. The US government issued a travel advisory regarding travel to Europe this summer; that came out one or two months ago. Too much craziness in the world right now; you have to make personal decisions as to where you feel safe.

Big M, the terrorist who murdered the people in the Pulse nightclub in Orlando was a radicalized Islamist; the kind of people we don't want in this country. His wife has been charged as an accomplice. Europe has been allowing people like this to emigrate to your continent in massive numbers. You have portions of major cities where police no longer patrol because they are too dangerous.

There are no major Cities in OZ that are 'No Go Zones' for Police to my knowledge and I was one for 35 years in some dodgy parts of ye olde Sydney Town. Oops, now Uncle Les has blown his cover.:halo:

There are no major Cities in OZ that are 'No Go Zones' for Police to my knowledge and I was one for 35 years in some dodgy parts of ye olde Sydney Town. Oops, now Uncle Les has blown his cover.:halo:

Ya blew that years ago with your user name;p

I agree that there are no "no go zones" here for police.......just some that take longer to call off at;)

Ya blew that years ago with your user name;p

I agree that there are no "no go zones" here for police.......just some that take longer to call off at;)

NSWP = Nice Sailing With Princess OR... New South Wales Person:rolleyes:

That is my john dory anyway.:p:halo:

What do you consider a cheap airfare for economy return to London? I am flying Sydney - London return in August for $1800.00 with Singapore Airlines. I dont consider that cheap. I could have flown with Virgin for $1200.00 but to do that the leg over would have been Sydney - LAX - London and the return would have been London - Hong Kong - Melbourne - Sydney. Extra 10 hours for $400.00 less and that didnt really appeal.

What do you consider a cheap airfare for economy return to London? I am flying Sydney - London return in August for $1800.00 with Singapore Airlines. I dont consider that cheap. I could have flown with Virgin for $1200.00 but to do that the leg over would have been Sydney - LAX - London and the return would have been London - Hong Kong - Melbourne - Sydney. Extra 10 hours for $400.00 less and that didnt really appeal.

$1200 is cheap - but limited opportunities arise so you have to take what you're offered if you want to take it.

The only way cheaper is to mix and match budget cheapies along the way, which is even more of a comfort and convenience trade-off, as well as increases risk due to missing connections.

It's usually a trade-off. A lower price means a longer overall travel time each way. To get more direct flights with minimal transit time between sectors costs more. We chose to spend $1744pp for overall travel times less than 24 hours Sydney to Paris and Barcelona to Sydney in September.

Also London is usually more expensive to fly in and out of than some of the European cities.

Yes, I have been checking flight costs for next year. The longer the layover generally means the lower price. And as has been said flights into Heathrow are a bit more expensive then say, flying into Gatwick/Dublin/Manchester.

But overall Economy prices are pretty decent at the moment, but premium economy/business are not dropping much.

If I am not having a stop over enroute for a few days then it is the shortest possible flight for me. 23 hours in an aluminium tube is better than 30 hours.:cool:

Yes, there is more competition, as well as flights from more hubs. Scoot is going to fly from Gold Coast to Europe, via Singapore, which will increase competition.

I wonder if the Middle Eastern Airlines, like Emirates and Qatar, are offering discount fares, because they have lost some business due to the ban on laptops, iPads, etc.

Qantas, which code shares with Emirates, is going to fly from Perth non stop to London.

Qatar( 2016 best business class airline award) under $6000 business class on major Web online site and just over direct with Qatar. Some really interesting code share fares particularly KLM.

Qatar( 2016 best business class airline award) under $6000 business class on major Web online site and just over direct with Qatar. Some really interesting code share fares particularly KLM.

I flew Qatar Business Class last year from Brisbane, via Sydney, to London, home via Adelaide. They were superb, in every way. You can often pick up less expensive fares by code sharing, like you say with KLM etc.

When I first flew overseas, I used to stop over en route to London at all South Pacific Islands, LA, Singapore, or Bangkok. Now I want to fly shortest time (24 hours), hence Business Class or Premium Economy.

My daughters are currently flying Qantas economy to JFK, via LAX, so I'll hear first hand how they go through immigration in LAX. Bargain flight under $1000 return for Spring!

Agree, flight time and convenience become more important the older you get. Singapore Airlines via Singapore Airport economy is one of the best value flights to London. Once we flew back from Milan with SA. The flight from Barcelona to Milan was delayed, so they kept all passengers informed and gave all passengers a pen for their inconvenience. When we arrived in Singapore, they had staff at desks, at the exit, giving all passengers who missed connecting flights, hotel vouchers, transfers, etc. - all arranged. Impressive!

What do you guys do when booking one way return flights from overseas? We are looking at our first one way cruise to Singapore and the return flights are a bit of a joke? Seems the fees and surcharges on a one way ticket into Aus is higher than a return ticket?

What do you guys do when booking one way return flights from overseas? We are looking at our first one way cruise to Singapore and the return flights are a bit of a joke? Seems the fees and surcharges on a one way ticket into Aus is higher than a return ticket?

I have always found one way tickets from a foreign country very expensive compared to the price of a return ticket. Is purchase through the cruise line a possibility, or using ff points?

Otherwise TA packages cruise plus flight can be the way to go.