12 night Indonesian Adventure 9th April

memapoll

Hi all, my wife and i are going on our second cruise leaving from Fremantle, this April on the Pacific Eden for a 12 night return, the cruise is the Indonesian Adventure,(school holiday cruise) our first cruise was on the Solstice from Sydney doing the 14 night South Pacific. I realise it is a big step down going on the Pacific Eden and from all the reviews i have read there seems to be a large amount of unhappy customers, other than food complaints (we certainly are not big food critics by any means) what are people's thoughts on the overall ship and the cruise we are going on and stopovers. Any relevant comments for this would be greatly appreciated, also any handy tips to please. My wife tends to feel sea sicknesses, what are the seas like please so she can prepare herself with any needed medication, so as not to spoil cruise for her. We have booked the 4hr Komodo Pink Beach tour and thought we would just wing it for other ports.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers M&M :D

We've just done a four night cruise on Pacific Eden to Kangaroo Island. Can't help you with the cruise that you are going on, but can help you with the ship.

Go with an open mind and don't take too much notice of the reviews. We loved the ship and our time away. The public areas of the ship are nicely decorated, with many bars and places to sit and chill.

We mainly ate at the Waterfront Restaurant and loved all the food offerings. We went straight there when we boarded and made a booking for the same time each night. We went on Pacific Dawn last year, so knew the ropes. We didn't try Angelos or Dragon Lady and did Salt Grill on the last cruise, so didn't bother with that one either.

We were in a balcony cabin, right at the back of Deck 10 (Cabin 10099). I was initially mildly concerned at the location, but if we go on the same ship again, we would happily book that cabin again. It was a great spot.

The only thing we didn't like was the coffee from the machines in The Pantry. It is VILE! No better on Pacific Dawn.

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

We have done a 3 day cruise from Freo in July on the Eden & are again travelling on her in the July school holidays from Freo up to Singapore. We have also travelled from Freo up to Singapore 4 yrs ago in March on Royal Carribean. Once you get north pass Geraldton (also depending on the weather in Perth) the seas are generally flat as. I do get seasick, so I took a tablet before we left on our cruise upto Singapore, as wasn't sure what to expect. There was one day, think it was the 2/3 day where I woke & wasn't feeling great (passed though a storm) took a tablet & was fine the rest of the day. After that didn't need to take anything as like I said it was flat as but its better if she is prepared & comes home with all her medication, then not take it & ruin your holiday.

Being School holidays, there will be lots of kids onboard.

Doing the 3days cruise we did go & book the speciality restaurants as soon as we got on & we will do this again in July, & we found the food fine, didn't dine at Salt Grill only Angelos & Dragon Lady (tip: the portions are small & there is nothing stopping you from ordering more that 1 entrée, main or dessert if you want, haven't done it but think this time we would)

The ship itself is nicely done up, there are nice bars, trivia is always fun, shows are great, the cruise director on our cruise was an absolute hoot. I think if you go with an open mind then you can't be disappointed, we certainly did (our 1st cruise was on Royal Carribean) & we loved it.

As I'm not sure what islands you go to. However we have booked private tours in both Komodo(this is costing us $US100pp, not sure who that is though as its on my husbands emails, we pay when we get there) & Lombok (daytour to Gili islands www.lomboktoursandtravel.com costs us IDR450,000 each). In Bali we are hiring a driver to take us around (if you need his details let me know) & the other stops we will just be going local.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions please ask & I hope you enjoy your trip.