Mexican Riveria Excursions

outofthedesert

I'm going on my first cruise to the Mexican Riveria on the Miracle for Easter and am trying to decide what are the best excursions. What ports are the best for shopping, snorkeling and resorts? Are there any ports that are better to skip excursions and do on our own? Thanks

Yes, I agree that the board with info about the ports will be the Mexican Riviera board on this site.

Here is a link:/

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

There is no one "best" for anything .

You can do your own thing in any of the ports or you can take a ship's excursion. it is up to you.

All have shops . The farther south you go the warmer the water for snorkeling.

I prefer doing that in the Caribbean.

In Cabo we did a sailing , snorkeling tour and I can't say enough about how amazing it was https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-private-sailing-charters/

In PV we did a cool canopy tour with Canopytours-Vallarta.com

And maz we just did some souvenirs shopping and senior frogs ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For Mazatlan I recommend doing a resort excursion to El Cid. The food is good, the drinks are included, the swim-up bar is freaking awesome, the beach is nice, and you can get a good deal on parasailing from folks on the beach.

[YOUTUBE]UbQjO7-l0Y8[/YOUTUBE]

Do they have a parasail operator that winches you on and off the back of the boat? I'd prefer that for safety.

The one we did at El Cid takes off and lands you on the beach. Once we saw a 10-year-old do it we knew it was pretty safe

[YOUTUBE]LMeU1Roq6gE[/YOUTUBE]

In Cabo I recommend the "Lands End Glass Bottom Boat" tour. Takes about an hour. You can buy it on the beach for very little. It will take you out to the arch, you will see many colors of fish and sea lions close up.

The Parasail boats in Cabo reel you in and out from the boat.

Enjoy

For Mazatlan I recommend doing a resort excursion to El Cid. The food is good, the drinks are included, the swim-up bar is freaking awesome, the beach is nice, and you can get a good deal on parasailing from folks on the beach.

UbQjO7-l0Y8

Which resort did you visit while there and how did you book and get there? My kids are looking to parasail while others are looking for a beach day. This sounds like the port to do it in.

• 4 weeks later...
Which resort did you visit while there and how did you book and get there? My kids are looking to parasail while others are looking for a beach day. This sounds like the port to do it in.

For an awesome beach day in PV, highly recommend the Las Caletas Beach Hideaway excursion. It's all inclusive, and just a wonderful, relaxing day in paradise! :)