Cruising with baby?

qbanrican84

Hi there!

Hubby and I are avid cruisers/ travelers and we just booked our first cruise with baby! He will be 7 months old at the time of cruising. We're pretty nervous about it, anyone travel with babies that can give us some tips/ advice?

I would like for the negative Nancy's to please keep their opinions to themselves. I know some people are anti - traveling with babies. Thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

When you are a family, that's how you travel! No apologies!

You will need to bring ALL the baby-specific stuff you will need, as the ship doesn't sell any of it. Also, pediatric meds....bring anything you might need ! Also, a blow up tub...most cabins have only showers, so a tub will make bathing easier

You won't be able to take baby into any pool, so the tub can be used for "splashing" , if you want to. A couple ice buckets of water, and baby can splash away!

We leave in 5 days with our 9 month old! We bought a decent umbrella stroller, a little rubber ducky blow up tub, and did as much research as possible so we don't forget/miss anything. Thankfully we don't have to fly so that is out of the equation. Driving to port is so much easier.

We are in the same situation! We have done 13 cruises and now have our first booked with our baby who will be 8 months at the time of the cruise. I'm nervous about the baby picking up Noro from putting everything in his mouth, anyone have this experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm nervous about the baby picking up Noro from putting everything in his mouth, anyone have this experience?

What experience? Getting Noroviris or putting things in their mouth? No to Noroviris. You could try making sure they have their own toys to put in their mouths. Not sure what they could get to put in their mouth at eight months to "pick up Noroviris." Think this is not a big worry.

We are in the same situation! We have done 13 cruises and now have our first booked with our baby who will be 8 months at the time of the cruise. I'm nervous about the baby picking up Noro from putting everything in his mouth, anyone have this experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 month old won't be wandering around touching a lot of stuff -- will mostly be held, or in stroller, or baby carrier, or in your room. We sailed with my son when he was 10 months and when he was just over 2 years old, and this was a MUCH bigger concern when he was 2!! But none of us got sick either time.

When you are a family, that's how you travel! No apologies!

You will need to bring ALL the baby-specific stuff you will need, as the ship doesn't sell any of it. Also, pediatric meds....bring anything you might need ! Also, a blow up tub...most cabins have only showers, so a tub will make bathing easier

You won't be able to take baby into any pool, so the tub can be used for "splashing" , if you want to. A couple ice buckets of water, and baby can splash away!

Thanks for the positive thought and the tips!!

We leave in 5 days with our 9 month old! We bought a decent umbrella stroller, a little rubber ducky blow up tub, and did as much research as possible so we don't forget/miss anything. Thankfully we don't have to fly so that is out of the equation. Driving to port is so much easier.

Nice! Thanks. Yea it's nice living here in Florida and having a bunch of ports here. I think we've sailed from all of them.

Have fun on your cruise!

I read somewhere a few months ago that you should not take a full container of powdered formula into port because people have been made to throw the containers away when reboarding, since it is open food. I would check into this, or part it up to only take what you need and a little extra off the ship at ports.

I read somewhere a few months ago that you should not take a full container of powdered formula into port because people have been made to throw the containers away when reboarding, since it is open food. I would check into this, or part it up to only take what you need and a little extra off the ship at ports.

That makes sense thanks!

Say what!? Could you imagine if that was the only can a parent brought! I'm sure ships don't sell baby formula and babies have too many sensitivities so its not like you can just go switching things up. This is a great tip!

That's a good tip! I hadn't thought about that before but it would probably be easier to pre-make the bottles before you walk off the ship. I have two black coolers that have ice packs in each that are really nice for travel. If anyone is interested in getting one, I called Enfamil and they sent them to me for free.

As someone who has done 2 cruise with a little one (1st at 18months 2nd at 3 years) and we are doing the 3rd this summer -

Here is my list

1) diapers - I would take for however many days you are going + 3 days - just incase of flight delays or anything else

2) wipes / creams

3) Diaper Bags (disposable) - I recommend the arm & hammer ones

4) Meds - ANY AND ALL that you normally have at home - the ship will NOT have any that are the right dosage. I also suggest checking with your Ped. right before leaving in regards to dosage amounts based on age / weight

5) Fabric Shower Curtain with Magnetic Hooks - great for putting around the pack n play / crib

Buy diapers in port before you leave - store them in your stoller bag or a garabge bag to go to your room

If you need quiet time to let your kid walk around (ours just picked up walking at 14 months on our cruise) or just to crawl around - the bars/lounges are empty during the mornings/mid afternoon. Great place to just let them be (supervised of course).

Sometimes you can bring your kids to the play areas if you're supervising them as well

usually most ppl go gaga over your little one its pretty cute

We're back! We had an AMAZING trip on the Breakaway. Bring extra diapers. We brought +20, but didn't need them. They are very expensive on board.

Buy an umbrella stroller that reclines. We bought the Summer Infant 3Dlite.

Bring a baby carrier! They come in handy when there are stairs. We were in Bermuda and used it to do the Crystal Caves.

Bring an inflatable tub! There is a cheap duck one on amazon. Our girl loved it and so did the staff.