Picture-A-Week 2017 - Week 17

pierces

When I discovered that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was to be released on the same day that we had a cruise planned, I jokingly mentioned that we should take advantage of my daughter's flight benefits and go see it in London where it opened a week earlier. Long story short, it wasn't taken as a joke and my son, my oldest daughter and I spent the last three days of Week 17 flying to London, watching the movie, sightseeing more than humans should and flying back. Was it worth sacrificing a lot of sleep and sitting in an airplane for 21 out of 72 hours just to see a movie and photograph some famous places? You bet it was!

London's Calling

p2302743118-5.jpg

More of the images form the trip here: http://galleries.pptphoto.com/london2017

Dave

Edited by pierces

Long way just to watch a movie, great that you had the chance to do it. Great pictures brings back memories of our stay after a cruise a couple of years back.

Allan

Long way just to watch a movie, great that you had the chance to do it. Great pictures brings back memories of our stay after a cruise a couple of years back.

Allan

Went though the london2017 - great shots. Was impressed by the brooding B&W London shot!

Glad you enjoyed them!

Full disclosure...Daughter works for an airline and the total cost of the trip was very reasonable. The physical cost of a strafing run like that is another story. However, exhausted and rushed is no reason not to enjoy taking pictures. It was a good weekend.

Dave

An eastern screech owl standing guard duty near his lady's nesting hole in a nearby palm tree:

original.jpg

Red-winged blackbird chick wants food...RIGHT NOW!:

original.jpg

Baby tricolor herons watching a hawk fly over:

original.jpg

La Familia - a pack of wood stork chicks, all growing quickly, hanging out at the nest spot waiting for a parent to return with food:

original.jpg

A squirrel in my back yard, watching me cautiously in the pool nearby - since to him I look like a head and arms with a camera, the rest of me hidden under the water, he seemed quite wary:

original.jpg