Civitavecchia

For anyone who has been to Rome enough times as we have, we spend the night in Civitavecchia (Hotel Traghetto) so the ship is about 1/4 mile away in the morning. The hotel has a private pick-up from the airport for about $110. We have done this twice and find them very good. The hotel is only 3 stars but the people that run it are wonderful (a light breakfast is included and the rate are around $100/night). It is walking distance to restaurants.

If you go to the Port section and sub topic Europe/Italy/Rome,

you will find many suggestions and reports of experiences w private bookings from port to airport.Depending on the time of your flight, you can even accomplish some sightseeing.

For anyone who has been to Rome enough times as we have, we spend the night in Civitavecchia (Hotel Traghetto) so the ship is about 1/4 mile away in the morning. The hotel has a private pick-up from the airport for about $110. We have done this twice and find them very good. The hotel is only 3 stars but the people that run it are wonderful (a light breakfast is included and the rate are around $100/night). It is walking distance to restaurants.

i think the OP was asking about transportation to the airport not to the port and not asking about hotels???????

i think the OP was asking about transportation to the airport not to the port and not asking about hotels???????

I did understand that. Giving information about staying at the port is simply another option!

We too have used Rome Cabs twice and been very pleased. A lot of people rave about Romeinlimo, but I was not as happy with them. The van smelled like cigarette smoke and was just kind of shabby.

We have used http://www.romelimousines.com/ (AKA Bob's Limos) numerous times and have always had an excellent experience. Last time we were traveling with a friend in a motorized wheelchair and reserved a vehicle with a lift. Always, in our experience, on time drivers with excellent cars. We have found that the private arrangement works best for us. There is a special area where the drivers meet you after you walk off the ship. Have a great cruise!

I highly recommend rome cabs as has been mentioned a couple of times.

We have used them and also used them for transport for others in our family.

On the Italy board they are probably the top recommended one for this type of service.

Web site is: http://www.romecabs.com

They are not a taxi service but offer private vehicles. Very reliable.

Rome Limousines is another good choice which CYNSport has mentioned.

My advice is book early. The ones that are highly recommended book up sooner rather then later.

Keith

We were 6 two years ago and used Rome Cabs, booked in advance. Excellent service, and also made some stops for us.

See my review at a popular travel site, under my user name. Nice Mercedes vehicle that transported the 6 of us to and from the port.

If solo or a couple, you can also use the train.