Pre ordering drinks in suite?

fudge

Hi,

We take our first Regent cruise June 1st out of Venice, really looking forward to it. Can someone please tell me how to pre order drinks in our suite? I have logged into my account but cannot find the link to order?

Thanks. :D

You will only be able to pre-order via your website account if you are booked in a Penthouse or above; in this case you will see a 'Butler Request Form'.

If you are in a suite without a Butler just let your Steward/Stewardess know your requirements when you board.

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise; the sail-out of Venice is not to be missed :)

I found a list of what is available from some post in cruise critic. I called Regents and requested what I wanted in our in suite bar. I believed it showed up later the evening we embarked (or that next morning).

We have never had a butler on Regent, but when we arrived in our cabin, our steward took our order and it was there by the evening. I think the only difference would be a butler will have it when you enter your suite, you may have to wait a couple of hours if a steward is getting your order. Not a big deal for us....

fudge: We've always been in a plain ol' deluxe suite (ha! anything but plain, but no butler). I always order the drinks we want in advance. Part of the reason is that I want to be sure that there are non-alcholic beers and wines of the kind my husband prefers. I've always simply telephoned Regent with the requests, and my memory is that the beverages have been in the suite when we arrived. In addition, as others have said, it's easy-peasy to make such requests to your steward/stewardess both the first day and all through the voyage. The only time that it's a good idea to make a request beforehand is if there's a particular beverage you enjoy that Regent is not likely to have. When that's the case, Regent makes every effort to have it onboard, even if it's just for you.

Gotta love Regent! See you on board!

(flossie: My memory is that the sail-away is around midnight. We two fogeys will be asleep, alas. Wish I could stay awake and still be able to get up the next day. But at least I'll push myself to be up for the sail-in to Kotor!)

fudge: We've always been in a plain ol' deluxe suite (ha! anything but plain, but no butler). I always order the drinks we want in advance. Part of the reason is that I want to be sure that there are non-alcholic beers and wines of the kind my husband prefers. I've always simply telephoned Regent with the requests, and my memory is that the beverages have been in the suite when we arrived. In addition, as others have said, it's easy-peasy to make such requests to your steward/stewardess both the first day and all through the voyage. The only time that it's a good idea to make a request beforehand is if there's a particular beverage you enjoy that Regent is not likely to have. When that's the case, Regent makes every effort to have it onboard, even if it's just for you.

Gotta love Regent! See you on board!

(flossie: My memory is that the sail-away is around midnight. We two fogeys will be asleep, alas. Wish I could stay awake and still be able to get up the next day. But at least I'll push myself to be up for the sail-in to Kotor!)

Edited by poss
oops, double post, can't see how to cancel, sorry

fudge: We've always been in a plain ol' deluxe suite (ha! anything but plain, but no butler). I always order the drinks we want in advance. Part of the reason is that I want to be sure that there are non-alcholic beers and wines of the kind my husband prefers. I've always simply telephoned Regent with the requests, and my memory is that the beverages have been in the suite when we arrived.

Question, for non-alcholic beers and wines-do they really get the brand you ask for? We don't drink and enjoy a non-alcholic that is 0.00% not the 0.05%. We have a few brands that are pretty good. Thanks. Rick

Rick: Sometimes Regent does get the brands my husband likes, sometimes not-- but at least we know that we'll always have non-alks in our suite. The .05% is ok for him, so that makes it easier no doubt.

I want to add that sometimes you need to make special requests 60-90 days in advance (usually a minimum 30 days) depending upon where the ship is in the world. Regent has to get the supplies to the ship which takes time. This has been brought up before but bears repeating.

Thanks TC, since I put in the request form on line, do you think I should still call?

Rick

PS, I think in November we're getting off a cruise when you may be getting on one in Miami.

You should be fine but it wouldn't hurt to call - just in case.

We are getting on the Mariner in November rather than the Explorer (we were booked on the Explorer crossing but my DH wanted to cancel as we have done 2 transatlantic cruises on Explorer - November 2016 and March 2017 and he feels that it is enough for now.). We're doing the Amazon in November (25 nights) and then Asia on the Voyager. We don't return to Explorer until 2019 (makes me sad but it is what it is). Yesterday we booked a Mariner Alaska cruise because they are having a heck of a time selling some of the August cruises. The price was amazing (for a PH suite which is nice on the Mariner). That should keep us happy until our November cruise.

I will be following your cruise with great interest!

TC

We booked an Alaska cruise from Tokyo April 2019 on the Mariner.

We're doing the TA Lisbon To Miami on Explorer in November 2017 this year and

a Mariner Panama in April 2018 in April-In between we're cruising with

"O" for Cuba - they have a 7 day Cuba only from Miami.

Sorry we'll miss you. Rick

You will only be able to pre-order via your website account if you are booked in a Penthouse or above; in this case you will see a 'Butler Request Form'.

If you are in a suite without a Butler just let your Steward/Stewardess know your requirements when you board.

I hate asking this as it is pretty much a 'Booze Cruz' but are you limited to the offerings on the Butler Request Form? I am rather partial to Coke Zero + Cherry Coke Zero but they only offered Coke or Diet Coke. Also no Stella Artois? - scandalous.

Someone said they have Coke Zero on the ship-however Cherry Coke Zero I think I'd ask for it ahead of time.

They've had Coke Zero on the ships for a couple of years. I've never seen Cherry Coke Zero but on our Explorer TA in March, they had Diet Dr. Pepper which is somewhat similar.

They've had Coke Zero on the ships for a couple of years. I've never seen Cherry Coke Zero but on our Explorer TA in March, they had Diet Dr. Pepper which is somewhat similar.

Really curious -- does Diet Dr. Pepper really taste like Cherry Coke Zero? I like Diet Coke but do not like Coke Zero. They are probably similar but the Coke Zero has a funny taste that I'm not used to. I do agree with this item should be pre-ordered.

Really curious -- does Diet Dr. Pepper really taste like Cherry Coke Zero? I like Diet Coke but do not like Coke Zero. They are probably similar but the Coke Zero has a funny taste that I'm not used to. I do agree with this item should be pre-ordered.

I've never tried Cherry Coke Zero and didn't even know it existed. Diet Dr. Pepper has a cherry flavor also which is why I said it is somewhat similar. :) Give Diet Dr. Pepper a try and see what you think.

Thanks Dave!

Just received an invoice from Regent for the Alaska cruise that we just booked and noticed that there is a statement regarding special requirements/requests. It reads as follows:

"Special requirements or requests for your cruise must be received well in advance of your cruise departure date in order for Regent to accommodate. Please submit any special requests based on the below guidelines. Requests received inside of these date requirements may not be accommodated.

- 90 days prior for Asia

- 60 days prior for South America and Europe

- 30 days prior for North America"

Do they stock Fever Tree tonic? How about Plymouth Gin?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please check Roll Call again -- I put in some new information.

Regarding the drinks, I do not believe that Regent carries either of the items you mentioned. To my knowledge, Regent carries Hendricks, Beefeater, Bombay Sapphire, Gordon's and Tanqueray gin.

Hi,

We take our first Regent cruise June 1st out of Venice, really looking forward to it. Can someone please tell me how to pre order drinks in our suite? I have logged into my account but cannot find the link to order?

Thanks. :D

Your steward/stewardess will introduce themselves and you can give them your beverage orders. I also usually tell them what time I'd like fresh ice in my ice container each day. Be friendly they're nice.

Are you arriving at Venice airport May 31 about 10:00 and needing a transfer to a hotel? Maybe you are using RSSC transfers and air but we are looking for someone that might want to share a water taxi as we are arriving a day early.

I've never tried Cherry Coke Zero and didn't even know it existed. Diet Dr. Pepper has a cherry flavor also which is why I said it is somewhat similar. :) Give Diet Dr. Pepper a try and see what you think.

Saw Vanilla Coke Zero in the shops but haven't tried it. Pepsi Max do a cherry version that I really like too.

We have always requested drinks for our fridge at least 90 days in advance. We email Regent Special Services and they are always courteous and helpful. DH has English beer (Spitfire, Speckled Hen etc) and I have Tanquaray and slimline tonic. There has never been any trouble with this order on any of our cruises until our recent trip on Voyager. English Beer? Certainly madam, Slimline tonic? Not sure about that, in fact the tonic lasted about 2 weeks out of the 24 day trip. Our travelling companion was unable to get any slimline bitter lemon throughout the whole cruise. Perhaps we should have asked for something more exotic.