Princess Hotels In Los Angeles

spcl4cs_gal

Can anyone tell me which hotel(s) in Los Angeles are connected with Princess? I would like some place to stay pre and post cruise out of San Pedro but am flying into LAX the day before the cruise and flying out of LAX the day after. I guess I will purchase Princess transfers to the port or take a shuttle from my hotel. Thanks for your help. :)

Can anyone tell me which hotel(s) in Los Angeles are connected with Princess? I would like some place to stay pre and post cruise out of San Pedro but am flying into LAX the day before the cruise and flying out of LAX the day after. I guess I will purchase Princess transfers to the port or take a shuttle from my hotel. Thanks for your help. :)

Princess normally only uses the Marriott LAX for hotels. Sometime Four seasons Long Beach is used a pre cruise hotel.

If you want to do any sightseeing, staying at LAX is a bad idea. Many will stay in Santa Monica or San Pedro. What are you interested in and when are your flights (times, day). There are many in here that will help figure out what's best for your interests. LA's huge. We have everything for every taste.

Also, there are many reliable less expensive options than the cruise line 72 pax bus.

If you want to do any sightseeing, staying at LAX is a bad idea. Many will stay in Santa Monica or San Pedro. What are you interested in and when are your flights (times, day). There are many in here that will help figure out what's best for your interests. LA's huge. We have everything for every taste.

Also, there are many reliable less expensive options than the cruise line 72 pax bus.

I get into LA around 11:20pm so there is no need to plan any sightseeing as I head down to Long Beach the next day. On the return I have about a full day in LA before my flight leaves around 1:30pm for home the following day. A friend of mine has a home in Marina del Rey and I was looking at visiting there on the return trip. No major sightseeing is required for the trip.

Princess has quoted me $44.00 CAD and change for each transfer.

You can take Supershuttle from LAX to San Pedro for $18/person, and stay at the Crown Plaza or Doubletree there. The area around LAX is not a very good neighborhood, and you will have to wait for other passengers on the shuttle rather than going when you want on Supershuttle or other airport shuttle to the port.

I get into LA around 11:20pm so there is no need to plan any sightseeing as I head down to Long Beach the next day. On the return I have about a full day in LA before my flight leaves around 1:30pm for home the following day. A friend of mine has a home in Marina del Rey and I was looking at visiting there on the return trip. No major sightseeing is required for the trip.

Princess has quoted me $44.00 CAD and change for each transfer.

Problems with the Princess shuttle, other than the price, include that you wait around for them to load a full bus and go on THEIR schedule, not yours...and they really want you to board the ship later rather than earlier...

Even at 11:20 pm, I would rather get the ride down to the port over with then rather than wait until the morning of the cruise. Also, realize that, if you are on Princess, your cruise should depart from SAN PEDRO...NOT Long Beach. Those two are on opposite sides of the harbor--about 6-8 miles apart.

I would arrange for a shuttle--or take an Uber--directly from LAX to a hotel in San Pedro...my recommendation would be the Crowne Plaza--very close to the cruise terminal. That way, you could sleep in as long as you want in the morning...You could then ride the hotel shuttle...or even just walk (it's really not that far) to the pier whenever you want.

Upon your return, considering your schedule, friends' location, etc., I would look into a hotel in Marina Del Rey. Consider Inn at Venice Beach, Marina Del Rey Marriott, Jamaica Bay Inn, Foghorn Harbor Inn, Hilton Garden Inn...or, if you have enough $ in the budget, the Ritz Carlton...One additional note: The Jamaica Bay and the Foghorn both actually front a real beach...so, if you just want to kill time sitting on a beach...

You can visit your friends...and, just to relax or kill time, you can take a stroll around the Marina or up along the Venice Boardwalk (highly recommended--especially in sunny weather). For Dinner, I highly recommend the C&O Trattoria on Washington near the beach:

http://www.cotrattoria.com/

...and, of course, several other good places to eat in the area as well.

The next day, it is a very short Uber or shuttle ride back to LAX...

Have fun...

Edited by Bruin Steve

Very rarely does Princess start a cruise in Long Beach, as Steve points out above. It may use Long Beach as a port stop on the coastal cruises.

One more thing to point out (since others have given good advice about NOT staying by LAX -- I only recommend this if you have an early morning flight out of LAX) is that March is not exactly beach weather in LA (it looks like you're talking about March). Until June, you might not see temps above 80 especially by the beach. This last week we've had a temperature range between 65 and 90, at least where I live, and actually had a little rain a short while ago.

We have stayed at the Marriott LAX through Princess and liked our stay at the hotel. We will be staying there again on an upcoming cruise. Everyone has there own opinion on which way is the best way to go... booking on your own and getting your own way to the port or booking the hotel/transfer package with Princess. It is really up to you which way you want to go. We also have the Hyatt Long Beach booked through Princess for a cruise we have booked next spring. Whatever you choose will be the right choice for you.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I booked the Best Western Plus in San Pedro for the night prior to the cruise and the Jamaica Inn in Marina Del Rey for the day post cruise. I will either take SuperShuttle or Uber from the airport and cruise port so everything is set. By the way, MDR.......super $$$$$ at all locations.