Viking questions

periross

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

There are two places to see them--one for now and one for later.

For now, go to the very same page on the Viking website where you read about the cruise you have just booked, Italian Sojourn. On the left side of the page, running down, you will see the words Cruise Overview and in a list below that Rome Day 1, etc. If you click on each of those days and scroll down, you will see the proposed but not finalized shorex for that city. It is a generic list and this may or may not be your final choices.

Later on, when the choices have been finalized and as booking is about to open for your sail date, the list of final choices will be posted on MyVikingJourney.com. You have to register here to be able to book your tours, including the included tours, in advance of sailing. You will also have to go to MyVikingJourney in order to fill out your Guest Information Form (which includes your passport numbers). Another helpful feature on MyVikingJourney is the pre-cruise check list. Under Shore Excursions on MVJ, there is a very helpful link to Terms and Conditions, the fine print for the shorex and also very helpful.

For more information about Viking and your cruise, read the section of the website called MyTrip and the FAQs. There is a lot here that will help you in planning your trip.

Peregrina is always so helpful:-) She was very helpful to me, offline, when I was deciding on whether to try Viking Ocean.

In fact, everyone on this board is really helpful, and nice, so, thank you all!

BTW, my husband and I are also doing the Italian Sojourn next March, on the 24th. I've started a roll call, if you happen to be on our sailing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2470634

Robin

Robin yes we are on the march 24th cruise as well

We originally were going to do a river cruise, but after looking at the river cruises we just weren't excited about the ports that they were going to. This cruise has some really good stops. We did a cruise 4 yrs ago that stopped in Rome and Naples so we kind of got a taste of those 2 cities.

My wife is a speech therapist in Philadelphia school system and she is semi retiring this September. So this is her reward. Lol. Mine too I guess even though I'm not retiring.

Anyway loooking forward to spending the next 10 months tAlking about our cruise

We are arriving in Rome on the 22nd. And post cruise we are flying home from bologna on the 3rd flights from Venice to Philadelphia were not very good so we decided to train 2 hours to bologna and fly from there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And here is the link to the other March roll call for Italian Sojourn.Viking Sky- March 31,2018 Venice to Rome

I typed this whole long post but since periross posted in the meantime that he was on March 24 with acwmom, I just deleted it all except for the link to the March 31 rollcall, in case someone else might be looking for it.

Periross, congrats to your wife on her semi-retirement! My mother taught at Northeast HS for thirty some odd years and my husband is a Central grad (229).

Edited by Peregrina651

My wife said "that was 40 years ago"

What was your moms name let's try that route.

Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL. Off the top of my head, I don't remember who I had for history in high school either. I guess that is how memorable they actually were. E-mail me and we'll continue. I'm not big on splattering full names across these boards. Just use the link in my signature below.