Long Beach Park & Cruise

I'm getting married in September on the Carnival Inspiration. I was hoping to get a hotel the night before that my bridesmaids and I could stay in and have a place to get ready in the morning together. I was hoping to get some recommendations or feedback on hotels offering to let you leave your car for the duration of your cruise (3-4 days).

I'm looking for:

* A place that will let us leave our car

* Must have suites (we'll need enough room for 5 girls to get ready)

* Must be nice! Usually I'm good with something super inexpensive the night before a cruise and just look at it as a place to crash, but this is where we will get ready for my wedding

* Preferably the hotel will have a bar, or there will be a nice bar nearby, where we can do a rehearsal celebration/welcome party of sorts

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Most of the top Long Beach hotels will give you a park and cruise rate...but, since you want a suite and you're only cruising 3 or 4 nights, I would just call the hotels and negotiate.

The nicest hotels in Long Beach are 1) Hyatt Regency, 2) Hyatt Centric at the Pike, 3) Renaissance, 4) Westin...

All have suites, though sizes vary...I believe the Hyatt Regency has the largest suites.

All have bars, though you are within very short walking distance from any of these to a variety of bars and restaurants. The Hyatt Regency, for example, is right across the street from a strip of large restaurants.

You might also want to take a look at the Maya Doubletree...which is over the bridge from this area...but right next to the Carnival terminal. They also have some fairly large suites...and a bar...

Congrats...and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I love staying at Hotel Current. It has a park and cruise, breakfast with a waffle maker, shuttle service to and from the pier and it has suites. They are very reasonable and I love the decor, and service. They have a nice restaurant next door. I have stayed here 6 times in 3 years and will be staying again in October.

Edited by Snooptoo
spelling

Just a little FYI about the Hotel Current. I called them a while back asking about their snooze and cruise package. I explained we had four people but only one car and asked if I needed to book two snooze and cruise packages. I was told "no" and that when I checked in to tell the front desk that there were four of us that would be taking the shuttle. No problem. I booked the rooms last night and called the hotel to make sure to note that we would like rooms next to each other if at all possible. When the front desk person looked at the reservations he proceeded to tell me that we would need to book two snooze and cruise packages because the room we had booked only could accommodate 3 people (one king size bed) and therefore the other couple wouldn't be able to take the shuttle without paying a shuttle fee of $25 per person. I told him that I would change my room to two double beds which would then accommodate 5 people so that they could take the shuttle for free. He told me that they could only do that if they stayed in our room with us. I asked him "so you would rather sell me one room and we all stay in that room to get the free shuttle than to sell me two rooms one of which would include a shuttle for 5?" He replied "yes". Am I missing something here? I called this morning to talk to the manager to see if what he was saying was truly the case and he said he was the manager. Oh well, I cancelled both reservations.

Most of the top Long Beach hotels will give you a park and cruise rate...but, since you want a suite and you're only cruising 3 or 4 nights, I would just call the hotels and negotiate.

The nicest hotels in Long Beach are 1) Hyatt Regency, 2) Hyatt Centric at the Pike, 3) Renaissance, 4) Westin...

All have suites, though sizes vary...I believe the Hyatt Regency has the largest suites.

All have bars, though you are within very short walking distance from any of these to a variety of bars and restaurants. The Hyatt Regency, for example, is right across the street from a strip of large restaurants.

You might also want to take a look at the Maya Doubletree...which is over the bridge from this area...but right next to the Carnival terminal. They also have some fairly large suites...and a bar...

Congrats...and good luck.

Thank you so much for your advice. This is probably the most daunting task of our wedding planning [emoji15] if we had booked through a regular travel agent that probably would have helped, but we used my PVP with Carnival since that's how I've always booked my cruises (that or direct on Carnivals website).

I think I'm going to delegate this to my fiance. I'm usually the one who plans all vacations, but he's far more comfortable calling places and asking for what he wants and negotiating. I wouldn't even think to call and ask for a place to have a rate for that [emoji23]

Just a little FYI about the Hotel Current. I called them a while back asking about their snooze and cruise package. I explained we had four people but only one car and asked if I needed to book two snooze and cruise packages. I was told "no" and that when I checked in to tell the front desk that there were four of us that would be taking the shuttle. No problem. I booked the rooms last night and called the hotel to make sure to note that we would like rooms next to each other if at all possible. When the front desk person looked at the reservations he proceeded to tell me that we would need to book two snooze and cruise packages because the room we had booked only could accommodate 3 people (one king size bed) and therefore the other couple wouldn't be able to take the shuttle without paying a shuttle fee of $25 per person. I told him that I would change my room to two double beds which would then accommodate 5 people so that they could take the shuttle for free. He told me that they could only do that if they stayed in our room with us. I asked him "so you would rather sell me one room and we all stay in that room to get the free shuttle than to sell me two rooms one of which would include a shuttle for 5?" He replied "yes". Am I missing something here? I called this morning to talk to the manager to see if what he was saying was truly the case and he said he was the manager. Oh well, I cancelled both reservations.

Thank you for this info! I'm not sure how many people we will have staying with us, but knowing that if the bookings don't get set up right it could be $25 per person to take the shuttle negates the whole reason for getting the room! (At least for us since everyone lives 1-2 hours from Long Beach).