Cunard US vs. Cunard Europe.

buchhalm

So, I am in a bit of a pickle:

I have booked a cruise via my usual agent in Canada. Independently my brother has booked the same cruise via an agent in Germany. One booking seems to be dealt with by Cunard USA, whilst my brother's booking is handled by Cunard Germany (or possible UK).

I am trying to make certain arrangements for both of our bookings (dinner table, tours etc) and none of the various Cunard offices can link these two bookings together.

Cunard US says call the UK, the UK says call Germany, Germany says call the US etc,etc.

I know I can request dinner seating when on board, but I was hoping to deal with these bothersome things before we depart.

Frustrating!

Oh, and is this the norm that, when logging on your "Voyage Personalize", EVERY.SINGLE.TIME (hmmpfhh!!!!) you need to fill in (at least PARTS) of your details. Why doesn't the damn website remember these things! Drives me around the bend!

I obviously need a holiday, if this bothers me!

Oh, and is this the norm that, when logging on your "Voyage Personalize", EVERY.SINGLE.TIME (hmmpfhh!!!!) you need to fill in (at least PARTS) of your details. Why doesn't the damn website remember these things! Drives me around the bend!

Mine remembers most of it. I have to enter my first name my date of birth (but it's a drop down so it can't remember that anyway). My last name and reference is stored.

Mine remembers most of it. I have to enter my first name my date of birth (but it's a drop down so it can't remember that anyway). My last name and reference is stored.

Same here, can't help with your main question sorry.

How do you get it to remember your surname and reference number? What am I missing here?

So, I am in a bit of a pickle:

I have booked a cruise via my usual agent in Canada. Independently my brother has booked the same cruise via an agent in Germany. One booking seems to be dealt with by Cunard USA, whilst my brother's booking is handled by Cunard Germany (or possible UK).

I am trying to make certain arrangements for both of our bookings (dinner table, tours etc) and none of the various Cunard offices can link these two bookings together.

Cunard US says call the UK, the UK says call Germany, Germany says call the US etc,etc.

I know I can request dinner seating when on board, but I was hoping to deal with these bothersome things before we depart.

Frustrating!

Don't worry, there are worse things in life than that!

Here is what I suggest:

Since the Cunard branches work independently from each other, mostly for financial reasons I suppose, I am afraid that there is no better way than booking table seats and excursions for yourself and your brother separately in advance, so you can be sure to have confirmed reservations. These can always be changed the way you want it once you are on board.

And yes, the voyage personaliser must have your details every time you log in ...

Best wishes and keep up :)

How do you get it to remember your surname and reference number? What am I missing here?

I think it's your computer that remembers it. I currently have two cruise bookings. If I want to log-in on my VP to the later cruise, it asks me if it wants me to save the new reference number. I use Firefox browser.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/where-are-my-logins-stored

You can set a lot of web browsers to autofill name/address/credit card types of fields, or they may offer to remember when you fill in a form which they recognise as either a login or credit card form. Web sites can also tell browsers not to remember certain fields in order to force a certain amount of human interaction when logging in which is the cause of OP's grumble. Look for 'autofill' or similar in your browser's help, or have a poke around the settings menu.