Veuve Clicquot thrown overboard

MarkBearSF

Today, I was walking through the QM2 champagne bar and noticed a distinct lack of Veuve Clicquot yellow.

Lo and behold, overnight it had become the Laurent-Perrier Champagne Bar.

This change will also happen on the QE and QV, when their itineraries can allow for the changeover.

Today, I was walking through the QM2 champagne bar and noticed a distinct lack of Veuve Clicquot yellow.

This change will also happen on the QE and QV, when their itineraries can allow for the changeover.

OH NO!!!!!!! MY FAVOURITE VC!!! Gone!!....

will these changes never cease?:eek:

How do the prices compare?

The upholstery still has the butter yellow accents. It doesn't appear that Laurent-Perrier has a signature color like VC. And I have no idea about the prices. Not really a fan of the bubbly and I always considered it to be one of the most underused spaces aboard.

- Mark

The upholstery still has the butter yellow accents. It doesn't appear that Laurent-Perrier has a signature color like VC. And I have no idea about the prices. Not really a fan of the bubbly and I always considered it to be one of the most underused spaces aboard.

- Mark

I'm sort of glad it's underused. It's my favorite quiet place to sit after breakfast, read, catch up on my journal, or just watch the ocean.

Veuve Clicquot no doubt paid for "product placement". If after 13 years they feel that it's not generating enough sales ashore to merit what they pay Cunard then they won't renew their contract.

Think of other shops that were originally on the ship but are gone - like the Louis Vuitton boutique. And Frette linens were originally in the Grills staterooms. Remember the thread about Gilchrist and Soames bathroom amenities being replaced by Penhaligon’s? If passengers don't buy the products the suppliers will spend their promotional budgets elsewhere. It's business.

Veuve Clicquot no doubt paid for "product placement". If after 13 years they feel that it's not generating enough sales ashore to merit what they pay Cunard then they won't renew their contract.

Think of other shops that were originally on the ship but are gone - like the Louis Vuitton boutique. And Frette linens were originally in the Grills staterooms. Remember the thread about Gilchrist and Soames bathroom amenities being replaced by Penhaligon’s? If passengers don't buy the products the suppliers will spend their promotional budgets elsewhere. It's business.

Wish they'd bring back Gilchrist. Product placement made a customer out of me twice. First the "London collection" bath gel from QM2. And a few years ago, after a visit to a ladies' room in a restaurant I enquired about the hand soap. It was another Gilchrist product, and I'm still using it, too.

The VC bar didn't change my drinking habits, though.

Hi,

This change surprises me. I recently sailed board the QM2 during a World Cruise segment (April 2017) and visited the Champagne Bar a few evenings. I think the Champagne Bar (as well as the adjoining Chart Room) is one of the most attractive areas of the ship.

Chuck

- Mark

Now I remember attending a Napkin folding class in that area. Not so underused as you may think. LOL.

Having looked into the VC prices on HAL, I'll miss Cunard's pricing. It was cheaper to carry it on and pay corkage, but only barely (and only if I paid Pennsylvania retail price for the Veuve and not Maryland).

HAL wants around 50% more for a bottle than Cunard was charging.

When was there a Louis Vuitton shop? I must have missed it somehow.

- Mark

I agree. While I have always loved the concept, this is indeed one of the least-used spaces on board. The only time I have seen people in the bar is when there is an overflow from the Chart Room.

Now I remember attending a Napkin folding class in that area. Not so underused as you may think. LOL.

And how are those napkin-folding skills working out for you?