How is Neighborhood Balcony Stateroom Guarantee different than Central Park Guarantee

How is Neighborhood Balcony Stateroom Guarantee different than Central Park View w/Balcony Guarantee or Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee?

I was looking at an upcoming Allure Cruise and

a Central Park View Stateroom with Balcony (C1) is listed as $999.

A Boardwalk View Stateroom with Balcony (B1) is $1,019, a (B2) is $1,049.

A Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (D2-D8) is $1,079-$1,349.

They are also listing three different Balcony guarantees:

Central Park View w/Balcony Guarantee (C2) for $1,169

Neighborhood Balcony Stateroom Guarantee (No Code) for $1,049

and a Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee (X) as $1,129

Does anyone know if this means the Neighborhood Balcony Stateroom Guarantee would only be for the Central Park or Boardwalk, and not for any Outside, Oceanview Balcony?

If so, why would anyone pay more for a guarantee than any of the actual rooms in the category?

Also, would the Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee only be for Oceanview, or could it also include Central Park or Boardwalk? If so, why are there three different Balcony Guarantees?

How is Neighborhood Balcony Stateroom Guarantee different than Central Park View w/Balcony Guarantee or Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee?

Does anyone know if this means the Neighborhood Balcony Stateroom Guarantee would only be for the Central Park or Boardwalk, and not for any Outside, Oceanview Balcony?

If so, why would anyone pay more for a guarantee than any of the actual rooms in the category?

Also, would the Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee only be for Oceanview, or could it also include Central Park or Boardwalk? If so, why are there three different Balcony Guarantees?

We're cruising on Allure this November... my parents are sailing with us and they originally booked an Oceanview stateroom. I saw that the Balcony room price dropped to be what they paid for their OV, so I checked into it for them...

It ended up that what was available at the same price was the Neighborhood Balcony Stateroom Guarantee. My mom called on it, and it's a guarantee for either Central Park or Boardwalk. The gentleman she spoke with said it's category is XM, although I can't "see" that for myself on the website. He also told her that the category X is what would include oceanview balconies (although I'm not sure if it is exclusively OV balconies).

I'm sorry I can't answer all of your questions, but I hope that this at least helps a little bit!

• 1 year later...

Thanks for your explanation of "neighborhood balcony". I'm somewhat surprised that anyone would want balconies overlooking any of the 'hoods... or even window-facing rooms in the 'hoods.

Doesn't it mean that the rooms straight across from you could look into your room anytime your windows/sliders are open? That's the complete opposite of the privacy you get in oceanview rooms.

So, How do the neighborhood facing rooms command such high prices for such a loss of privacy?

I'm shopping a cruise on Oasis, in which the "Neighborhood Balcony Guarantee" is priced the same as an "Interior". Trying to decide. Never been in either type of room... always had oceanview on other ships...

Any advice is welcome.

I would go with the Boardwalk cabin. Same price as the guarantee, pluse you at least know you will be able to see the ocean and the diving shows (and diving practice), plus better air-flow (CP can be very hot at times).

That's the complete opposite of the privacy you get in oceanview rooms.

Oceanviews are rooms with a small window. Often, you have to be standing on the bed to get a good view out the porthole. Not really comparable to the fresh air of a balcony. For privacy, close the curtains. I would not pay extra (above inside price) for an oceanview, but would for a balcony. We've been "upgraded" from inside to oceanview, but would not pay more for one.

Boardwalk balconies give you views of the ocean, and you can enjoy the Aquatheater shows from your balcony.

Thanks for your explanation of "neighborhood balcony". I'm somewhat surprised that anyone would want balconies overlooking any of the 'hoods... or even window-facing rooms in the 'hoods.

Doesn't it mean that the rooms straight across from you could look into your room anytime your windows/sliders are open? That's the complete opposite of the privacy you get in oceanview rooms.

So, How do the neighborhood facing rooms command such high prices for such a loss of privacy?

I'm shopping a cruise on Oasis, in which the "Neighborhood Balcony Guarantee" is priced the same as an "Interior". Trying to decide. Never been in either type of room... always had oceanview on other ships...

Any advice is welcome.

Yes. It is like living in a NYC tenement. :D

DSC03418_zps8337488a.jpg

DSC03401_zps83ecca22.jpg

Oh my goodness,... thank you for the LOVELY pictures. Gives me something to think about. I'm not sure I could expose myself that often to strangers' prying eyes (even if dressed!)

Edited by styxfire

Any advice is welcome.

We love to people watch and to be able to sit and watch the action throughout the evening down below on the boardwalk

We booked as far back towards the aft as we could. We still have the ocean view during the day..and the fun of people watching at night.

Can people look into our room..yes..who cares close the curtains !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by vacation_junkie