Patrick in Bora Bora

Kinkacruiser

I emailed Patrick about a couple of his tours, just a quick question regarding prices?

Do they fill up to the maximum his end to make the tour cheaper for everybody or if I book a certain trip for 2 of us are a private tour like the price list States?

When we went last Nov it was cheaper if you got a group together. As we left the Motu another couple was arriving and we were told they had to pay for the whole outrigger .... 12 times the cost of 1person, So I would suggest finding a group

• 1 month later...
Is it worth going on Patrick's tour if you don't swim or snorkel?

If you enjoy being on a small boat, it is. You make three stops in the water, one of which is waist to chest high to pet stingrays. The first one is outside the lagoon and around 40' deep. The third is coral gardens with a fairly strong current. Neither of those would be good for someone who wouldn't swim, but it's a wonderful time on the water. The motu picnic is fantastic.. To top it all off, you get a full circle tour of the lagoon and some fairly up close views of the big resorts.

Overall, I personally think it would be worth it even if I didn't swim/snorkel. The island must be seen from the lagoon to really appreaciate all of its beauty.

This is from aboard the boat looking across the St Regis toward Mt. Otemanu.

14195726834_cb6474082d_c.jpg

I agree. If you like being on the water it is wonderful. Our friend was not keen on getting in the water with the sharks or the stringrays but with encouragement she did both. Not long with the sharks LOL. My husband did only got in the water with the stringrays and he thoroughly enjoyed his day with Patrick. I am not a strong swimmer but I did get in at every stop. The first one with the sharks I stayed by the boat within the outrigger?? area so I was never out of sight of my husband.

The scenery is magnificent.

Of course, it all depends on your preferences. I'm the type of person that has to be on the go. However, my wife would have really enjoyed relaxing at a resort, though she thoroughly enjoyed Patricks tour as well. I would have been bored at a resort.

Yes. RZ3's photo says it all!

If it is a question of your confidence in the water, buy an inflatable snorkel vest (Amazon) you can float around with the others.

• 2 weeks later...
crusher Two, great video! Thank you for sharing this. We are booked on Patrick's tour this fall and although we were looking forward to it, we do even more so now. Looks like a great day.

You won't be disappointed! Patrick provides a wonderful tour and the scenery is unbelievable!

Quick question I hope someone can answer. How far in advance can you book one of the activities for Patrick's tour? 11 of us will be cruising together and would like to make sure we get to go at least on the 3/4 day tour. Anyone do the 4x4 portion with the other tour?

Thanks for any information!

We did the jeep tour with Patrick our second day. It was very rough. We were bouncing everywhere, it was all we could do to stay seated at times. My husband sat up front with the driver and his seat was not very secure. That being said, we had a great time. We went up and down hills that were very steep and really at times just ruts for the tires. We stopped several times to admire the views which were amazing. Our driver even played the uke and sang for us while we were at the top over looking the lagoon.

As far as the snorkeling tour I have read on here of people booking a year ahead. If I was travelling with 11 people I would contact them sooner rather than later as the outrigger only holds 12.

I don't think you will be disappointed in either tour. We LOVED them both.

We did the jeep tour with Patrick our second day. It was very rough. We were bouncing everywhere, it was all we could do to stay seated at times. My husband sat up front with the driver and his seat was not very secure. That being said, we had a great time. We went up and down hills that were very steep and really at times just ruts for the tires. We stopped several times to admire the views which were amazing. Our driver even played the uke and sang for us while we were at the top over looking the lagoon.

As far as the snorkeling tour I have read on here of people booking a year ahead. If I was travelling with 11 people I would contact them sooner rather than later as the outrigger only holds 12.

I don't think you will be disappointed in either tour. We LOVED them both.

Thank you so much for this valuable information! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Cheers!

Wow!. Just came off a 10 day Oceania cruise in French Polynesia. The 3/4 day with Patrick is the best thing you could do on this island. We had the best time swimming with sharks, feeding rays, snorkeling in the coral gardens, and having a luau on Patrick's private island. An absolutely perfect day! I've been booking my own excursions for 20 years of cruising, and this was by far a real jewel. Do not miss this opportunity for a wonderful experience.

I agree! My wife and I had a WONDERFUL time on our snorkeling & luncheon tour. I've posted a video of the first stop of our three-stop snorkeling here:

"Snorkeling with sharks in Bora-Bora" - French Polynesia
)

That ATV tour on Moorea looks great! :D

How bumpy was it? It doesn't look bad from your video clip. Was it like that most of the time, or did it get more bumpy?

I would love to do it but my back and neck aren't perfect! :cool:

Albert has a few SSV's (side by side) which are easier on the back.

• 1 month later...

If you are as interested as I am, from reading all the reviews about Patrick's tours in Bora Bora we are trying to get a few more people together to fill up another boat for October 5, 2015. The company is Maohi Nui or http://www.maohinui.net/

Lagoon tour & snorkeling with lunch. Just let them know you heard there were still spaces available through cruise critic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We would very much like to join the tour for the 11/3/15 at Bora Bora arriving on Crown Princess.

Thx,

Wendy

Wendy, There is a Roll Call for your cruise and they have a blog about the cruise:

https://oct2015crownprincesshawaiita...hutterfly.com/

I think when you check this site and the RC you will see there is a wait list for Patrick's tours.

Does anyone know if Patrick's tours pick you up at the dock???

Edited by BarbaraP