One Day in Sydney - What To Do?

baderry

We will be in Sydney for one day (7AM - 7PM) and I need suggestions of what to do. I'd like to see EVERYTHING, but I know that's not possible. I would prefer a private tour for my party of four, but I am open to suggestions. I'd like to see The Opera House (not necessarily a long drawn out tour), but to take some photos. I'd also like to see the Blue Mountains. Can anyone give me any recommendations on a tour guide, or perhaps places to go and see during our day there? Any input on the Hop On Hop Off Bus? Should we see Bondi or Manly Beach? Any restaurant recommendations?

I know that's a lot of questions, but any input you can give me will help!

Thanks in advance,

We will be in Sydney for one day (7AM - 7PM) and I need suggestions of what to do. I'd like to see EVERYTHING, but I know that's not possible. I would prefer a private tour for my party of four, but I am open to suggestions. I'd like to see The Opera House (not necessarily a long drawn out tour), but to take some photos. I'd also like to see the Blue Mountains. Can anyone give me any recommendations on a tour guide, or perhaps places to go and see during our day there? Any input on the Hop On Hop Off Bus? Should we see Bondi or Manly Beach? Any restaurant recommendations?

I know that's a lot of questions, but any input you can give me will help!

Thanks in advance,

We found some great tours last year on Viator and did the Hunter Wine Valley but they also did the Blue Mtns I seem to remember. A Harbour cruise is a great way to see the sights as well, you can get hop on hop off harbour cruises. Many years ago I did both Manly Beach and Bondi. I loved Manly Beach but felt the time and effort to get to Bondi wasnt really worth it, you would have to get a bus if you aren't hiring a car.

The hop on hop off (ho-ho) is great. Near the Opera House is an area called The Rocks. The ho-ho also goes to Darling Harbour, which has museums, shops and LOTS of places to eat. You wouldn't need a tour for any of this.

Tough question.

A bridge climb would be high on my lst.

The hoho bus gives you a good look at the city.

Ferry ride to Manly gives a good look at the harbour.

What are your interests.

The Blue Mountains is really a full day trip. It could be done, either as a tour or by train and HoHo bus. However you wouldn't have time to see anything else. Trains leave from Central Station and it's a two hour trip to Katoomba.

I assume you are visiting on a cruise. Do you know where you will be docking? If not, tell us the ship and date and we'll look it up for you. If you are at the Overseas Passenger Terminal it will be very easy. You'll get great views of the Opera House from up on deck, and can walk around to it very easily. The ferries for Manly leave from that area also. There will be a HoHo bus stop nearby as well. I'm not sure exactly where it is. Bondi is the iconic Sydney beach but, personally, I prefer Manly.

If you are docked at White Bay you would need to get a taxi, or a shuttle if the cruise line provides one, around to the cmain part of the city.

Hard to give recommendations for restaurants without knowing what your plans are, and what sort of price range you want. I assume you mean somewhere for lunch?

We used the HoHo boat rather than the bus. The first day, we stayed on it past all the stops before we got off near the Opera House. Besides seeing parts of Sydney, we also enjoyed the information we were given about the area over the speaker.

We used the HoHo boat rather than the bus. The first day, we stayed on it past all the stops before we got off near the Opera House. Besides seeing parts of Sydney, we also enjoyed the information we were given about the area over the speaker.

I always forget to suggest the boat.

The deal with attraction tickets is worth looking at

https://www.captaincook.com.au/sydney-harbour-cruises/hop-on-hop-off/

Thanks everyone for all the information. This will be very helpful in planning our day.

GUT2407 thanks for the link for the boat.

OzKiwiJJ - We will be on RC Voyager of the Seas arriving in Sydney 25 March.

Have a great weekend everyone!

baderry

Thanks everyone for all the information. This will be very helpful in planning our day.

GUT2407 thanks for the link for the boat.

OzKiwiJJ - We will be on RC Voyager of the Seas arriving in Sydney 25 March.

Have a great weekend everyone!

baderry

I hope you enjoy your visit