Malaga Recommendations

BeignetBoy

We will be on the TA cruise this Spring from San Juan to Malaga, and are wondering if anyone has any hotel, restaurant, or other (Don't Miss) recommendations while we are there. On our prior trip to Malaga, we just left the ship and went to the airport to fly home. However, we are considering staying in Malaga a few days, and any recommendations would be very helpful.

Thanks

I know the Costa del Sol resorts fairly well, however it is quite difficult to answer the question properly without a few more details as to what you want.

You are in the area at a really nice time, the weather should be perfect.

Malaga is a historic city however just a few kilometres down the road are some lovely resorts, some are inland and some are beach related. A couple of days in Marbella, Mijas or one of the hidden gems would be lovely but it depends on what you would like. Taxis and car hire is very easy to arrange from the cruise terminal and driving is not a problem there. If you let us all know a bit more I am sure that plenty of us will give you some advice. I am in Malaga from Monday for a few days but I will keep my eye on this post and try to get back to you again.

I know the Costa del Sol resorts fairly well, however it is quite difficult to answer the question properly without a few more details as to what you want.

You are in the area at a really nice time, the weather should be perfect.

Malaga is a historic city however just a few kilometres down the road are some lovely resorts, some are inland and some are beach related. A couple of days in Marbella, Mijas or one of the hidden gems would be lovely but it depends on what you would like. Taxis and car hire is very easy to arrange from the cruise terminal and driving is not a problem there. If you let us all know a bit more I am sure that plenty of us will give you some advice. I am in Malaga from Monday for a few days but I will keep my eye on this post and try to get back to you again.

Thanks... We really don't have anything specific in mind. Just some place to visit and not a lot of pressure in terms of things to do. Nice restaurants and hotels/resorts sounds great. We will look into Marbella and Mijas.. Any other thoughts?

Just looking over the resorts/hotels in both Marbella and Mijas.. Both look great and sound interesting... We enjoy relaxing during the day and nice dinners.... Both cities seem to offer lots of possibilities... But we are wondering, how expensive would a cab be from the cruise terminal to these cities? Thanks again