Doing BTB SDII 3/14 to 3/28

mcpepe

Just wanted to say hi! Been eyeing up Sea Dream for years and finally am taking the plunge. Friends of ours are frequent SD cruisers and are just as excited that we are going.

Wondering if any of you will be on our sailings? It's my mom (69) and I (52). We are on SDII leaving Marigot on 3/14/15 and returning to St Thomas on 3/28/15.

Just to get it out for the record, I love kids and teens! LOL :D;):p And I look forward to hanging out with them on our cruises. :D

Anyone do any of the active hikes listed under the port activities? They sound awesome.

Hmmmm..........Should my mother and I pretend we're a *COUPLE*? LMAO!! All righty then...

As someone else pointed out not all (not many?) of us are the thin, faintly tan, heterosexual couple pictured in the SD ads. :D

Looking forward to meeting you. Not looking forward to seeing you and your mother remain on the ship when we get off after one week! It's on my goal list to do a B2B.

Remember when you walk up to the ship not to expect much from outward appearances. Even onboard the decoration is very simple and the hues peaceful. Compared to bigger, newer ships it can be quite a shock. Just pretend your dotty old uncle has invited you to stay on his old private yacht.

And let the differences win you over.

Or not.

We met and sailed on SD with a new couple and they didn't care for it. No kids or anything incendiary like that, just not their style/speed. We are still friends.

Some in my group have done the active hikes before and really have enjoyed them. You'll have to tell me what you think.

I'll be sitting in my chair.

:D

As someone else pointed out not all (not many?) of us are the thin, faintly tan, heterosexual couple pictured in the SD ads. :D

Looking forward to meeting you. Not looking forward to seeing you and your mother remain on the ship when we get off after one week! It's on my goal list to do a B2B.

Remember when you walk up to the ship not to expect much from outward appearances. Even onboard the decoration is very simple and the hues peaceful. Compared to bigger, newer ships it can be quite a shock. Just pretend your dotty old uncle has invited you to stay on his old private yacht.

And let the differences win you over.

Or not.

We met and sailed on SD with a new couple and they didn't care for it. No kids or anything incendiary like that, just not their style/speed. We are still friends.

Some in my group have done the active hikes before and really have enjoyed them. You'll have to tell me what you think.

I'll be sitting in my chair.

:D

Hello FPebbles! May l call you Fruity? Or do u prefer Pebbles? As you can see in my signature I've been on a variety of lines on ships of all sizes. For me it's never about the ship per se but about the people and the experiences. I've been on old ships, river boats, behemoths. I've backpacked thru Europe damn it.

I'm not very picky, don't complain about things. I'm looking to experience life on my "dotty old uncle's yacht" damn it! And no one or anything will take away from that enjoyment; if anything, it just makes for good stories and a good laugh! Bring on the kids, the teens, the nasty curmudgeons. I'll lead them all in a conga line on deck. I love life, love to laugh....wicked, wicked sense of humor. Join me will you?

Oh and I love wine. I dabble in collecting.. Let's share a bottle or two shall we?:)

Do a search for my "Tablemate from hell" post from the Radisson Diamond many years ago.. I just reread it myself. Not THAT was a dinner to remember!

usually refer to her as Sea Slug

Oh, vandrefalk! You outed me! Well, now my reputation precedes me--

Still wish you all were joining us--

mcpepe--I will look forward to hanging our with your mom. You'll know just were to find us when you get back from your active adventures!